RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Travel | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Traveling Europe

read 1540 times • 29 replies • posted 5/22/2013 2:30:48 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3

HopRedHead 384:36
Originally posted by Leighton
Will you be swinging through London?

I will be staying in London for the first week or so.

Originally posted by Borresteijn
We could meet in Amsterdam for a drink if you like, 17th or 18th. If youíre up for it/have enough space in your suitcase, Iíd like to do a small trade as well, for some AUS/NZ beers.

Could definitely work, Iíll send you a message closer to the date!

Check my cellar if anyone is keen for a trade, looking for anything by hill farmstead, cigar city, any rare mikkeller or brewdog. Cheers!
5/22/2013 10:39:24 PM

Private message send the author a private message

Also Three Floyds and Russian River.. But open to most hard to come-by beers.
5/22/2013 10:46:41 PM

premium
maneliquor 3156:151
HopRed is a good bloke. A trade would be go down well here
5/23/2013 1:50:29 AM

ACD 655:31
5/23/2013 2:31:20 AM

graziano85 318:14
Originally posted by HopRedHead
Howdy, going to Europe on the 25th of June to the 27th of July, more specifically the England, Scotland, Wales, Denmark, Germany, Holland, Belgium and France. Wondering what was worth checking out, and also if anyone wanted a trade? Check out my cellar if youíre interested, most of the beers Iíve rated I can get hold of too. Cheers.

You come 1 month in Europe, you go in many nations where food is shit or almost, and you are going to skip Italy??!!
5/23/2013 11:26:52 AM

Erlangernick 1:2
Bamberg will be on the itinerary, wonít it?
5/24/2013 12:56:07 AM

premium
cgarvieuk 14715:150
Originally posted by graziano85
Howdy, going to Europe on the 25th of June to the 27th of July, more specifically the England, Scotland, Wales, Denmark, Germany, Holland, Belgium and France. Wondering what was worth checking out, and also if anyone wanted a trade? Check out my cellar if youíre interested, most of the beers Iíve rated I can get hold of too. Cheers.

You come 1 month in Europe, you go in many nations where food is shit or almost, and you are going to skip Italy??!!

youve clearly not traveled or are really bad at chosing resteraunts if you think the food is bad in all those countries.
5/24/2013 1:00:22 AM

premium
MagicDave6 1:1
Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by graziano85

youve clearly not traveled or are really bad at chosing resteraunts if you think the food is bad in all those countries.

Im not really sure what your getting at with bad food, thereís good and bad everywhere you go.

Anyway on the topic of London I run The Craft Beer Co, so if your swinging by give me a shout. Also there is a big London RB crew so im sure theyíll be up for something. Infact its our second bday bash on Sat 29th June and weíll be putting on some very special beers for it!
5/24/2013 3:53:23 AM

graziano85 318:14
Originally posted by cgarvieuk

No, I travelled through Europe, and I worked and lived in 3 different nations till now...but Iím italian ahah
And on the average, I must admit I didnít find any other nation where almost everywhere you can eat as good as you can in Italy...

Then of course in every nation there are places where you can eat very good and HEALTHY...but usually you have to pay much more.
And average ingredients on italian markets are far more healthy and tasty than in the other nations where I was of course, also in Italy you have to know where to go, but itís much easier to find a good place there rather than in the nations where I was till now.

Thatís just my experience.

PS: but everyone knows that most of italians are "difficult" when talking about food

5/24/2013 2:19:21 PM

Anyway, food criticisms aside, can anyone recommend worthwhile breweries to check out in Germany, Belgium and France? Canít wait to check out brewdog in Edinburgh and the Mikkeller bar in Copenhagen. Also checking out a few distilleries, definitely Talisker at this point, any others I shouldnít miss? Thanks again.
5/27/2013 5:42:05 AM

Home > Forums > Beer Travel

Page 1 | 2 | 3
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers