Traveling to Charlotte next week

Reads 407 • Replies 7 • Started Wednesday, October 15, 2014 2:42:44 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Rightcross55
beers 6 º 14:42 Wed 10/15/2014

I am heading to Charlotte next week and need some good suggestions for 1-2 bottle shops to stop at. No time for a brewery tour, just need to grab some beer I cannot get in TX. I have been to Good Bottle Co. and really liked the selection, but want to know if there are any other or better places I should stop. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Travlr
beers 33850 º places 4574 º 15:13 Wed 10/15/2014

Salud. Great selection, taps that are hard to find elsewhere, knowledgeable friendly staff. Locals do bottle shares there pretty frequently, so feel free to let them know you’re coming. They’re installing a small brew setup, but that’s a ways away, I think.
And if you can sneak in a quick stop at a tasting room (or two), Birdsong and NoDa are two minutes away, and across the street from each other (no tour necessary).

Travlr
beers 33850 º places 4574 º 15:16 Wed 10/15/2014

And Common Market has several locations - the one on Commonwealth Av happens to be the best, and is also closest to Salud.

jcnielsen
beers 3414 º places 321 º 07:29 Thu 10/16/2014

I think Good Bottle Co. is probably the best bottle shop in Charlotte as far as selection goes. The other 2 shops I’d recommend as definitely worth a stop are Salud (as Travlr mentioned) and Brawley’s Beverage. Both have a little smaller selection than Good Bottle Co, but worth a trip.

Rightcross55
beers 6 º 09:10 Thu 10/16/2014

Great info guys. I really appreciate it!

weihenweizen
beers 6987 º places 700 º 09:28 Thu 10/16/2014

I went to a few bottle shops in the Charlotte area in early August. I would definitely recommend Good Bottle Company and Brawley’s Beverage. If you don’t get access to NC often you might consider going to Total Wine & More (TWM) Promenade due to the sheer quantity and reasonable pricing. Just don’t expect the harder to get bottles to be there and it is not as close to I77 as the other two shops.

Travlr
beers 33850 º places 4574 º 10:11 Thu 10/16/2014

And for a bit of a different selection, it’s a short drive into SC to hit Frugal MacDoogal, although I’m guessing you’re driving through SC anyway.
Frugal sometimes has small amounts of interesting Westbrook stuff that they keep in the back, you just have to ask. They had a one-sixer limit on Westbrook Gose the last time I was there, a pregnant friend and I got 3 sixers!

Rightcross55
beers 6 º 09:27 Fri 10/17/2014

Thanks Guys. Travlr, I will be heading into SC so I will definitely stop at Frugal.