UK Brewer of the Year 2014.

Reads 4230 • Replies 67 • Started Tuesday, December 23, 2014 3:59:21 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 17:06 Tue 12/23/2014

Magic Rock 4.0
Buxton 3.88
Beavertown 3.86
Siren 3.83
Oakham 3.8

Boxing Day night is Buxton beer night for me, so who knows where they will finish year end. But overall based on the number of beers I have had from each brewery Siren come out on top in my mind.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40415 º places 1239 º 17:08 Tue 12/23/2014

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener
Magic Rock 4.0
Buxton 3.88
Beavertown 3.86
Siren 3.83
Oakham 3.8

Boxing Day night is Buxton beer night for me, so who knows where they will finish year end. But overall based on the number of beers I have had from each brewery Siren come out on top in my mind.

I would agree re: Siren.

The sample size for the breweries is too small on the 2014 year in beer stats, you could pick 3 top draw offerings and they’re your number one brewery but for the likes of Siren / Kernel I’ve had dozens from them.

tdtm82
beers 1704 º places 138 º 18:19 Tue 12/23/2014

Wild Beer for me have been great this year. Really exceeded my expectations.

BlackHaddock
beers 15433 º places 1050 º 18:34 Tue 12/23/2014

Nice to see Salopian being mentioned (all by non-London raters). Might get into the final hash up.

<*))))))><

Fin
beers 17267 º places 1653 º 23:26 Tue 12/23/2014

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Nice to see Salopian being mentioned (all by non-London raters). Might get into the final hash up.

<*))))))><

I love Salopian, that they never made my top 5 is irrelevant, they will always be one of my favourite UK breweries. In fact I think a couple of key reasons that we see the likes of Siren, Magic Rock, Kernel etc in the top 5 over the likes of Salopian isn’t so much thay they are necessarily any better than Salopian, it probably owes more to the fact they bottle a lot more and crucially they are constantly producing new beers at a greater rate of knots, in knowing their beer market they have their finger on the pulse. They also colloborate more with each other, Salopian are more in the mould of Oakham i.e. cask first and less focused on bottles.

imdownthepub
beers 26028 º places 2088 º 02:17 Wed 12/24/2014

It’s great to see how much wider the range of Breweries has been this year. Our stats probably do favour bottled beer manufacturers than cask perhaps, possibly due to wider distribution. Just on what has been put forward so far we have :-

1) Siren
2=) Kernel
2=) Magic Rock
4) Beavertown
5=) Salopian
5=) Wild Beer

Certainly Salopian are doing well being heavily into cask.

We will certainly let this run further though, but thank you to everyone who has taken part so far.

jjsint
beers 7711 º places 1334 º 03:11 Wed 12/24/2014

According to my stats, which know better than I do:

1. Elixir
2. Wild Beer
3. Siren
4. Magic Rock
5. The Kernel
6. Tring
7. BrewDog
8. Beavertown
9. Celt Experience
10. Redchurch

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40415 º places 1239 º 03:21 Wed 12/24/2014

<*))))))><

Ive always enjoyed Salopian hoppy numbers, used to drink a fair few pints in any given month from them when I lived in Wolverhampton.

I presume you mention London raters not selecting Salopian as one of their top brewers due to the fact you are on the button in terms of cask and keg availablity here in Beer City?

BlackHaddock
beers 15433 º places 1050 º 03:43 Wed 12/24/2014

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

<*))))))><

Ive always enjoyed Salopian hoppy numbers, used to drink a fair few pints in any given month from them when I lived in Wolverhampton.

I presume you mention London raters not selecting Salopian as one of their top brewers due to the fact you are on the button in terms of cask and keg availablity here in Beer City?

Yeah, bad plaice London, too many people and some not even English!

<*))))))><

cgarvieuk
beers 37611 º places 457 º 11:54 Wed 12/24/2014

Originally posted by harrisoni
Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by evergreen0199
Can’t be arsed to check all these stats but Kernel is still no.1 British brewery for me according to my rates.

kernel,
tempest,
siren,
beavertown,
brewdog,

Respect to Craig for being arsed.

Merry Christmas Craig and Stella and the children as I’m unlikely to see you before Thursday. As always, it’s been lovely to see you this year, especially at Chris’s

cheers and right back at you, its always a pleasure