RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Site News | Beer Talk | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Unhappy brewer

read 8246 times • 126 replies • posted 3/13/2013 12:10:47 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

Gazza 726:163
Personally Iíd never get too hung up with what people think about my beer - I brew for a living now and know enough about the internet to see that thereís a lot of people (not aiming at anyone here, this is a general comment) wouldnít be able to find their arse with both hands but feel theyíre qualified to comment on beer when they know sod-all about the process of brewing / serving or flavours / problems in beer.

Getting upset about negative comments is self-defeating, youíll just make yourself look an arse so itís best to roll with it and, as long as youíre 100% honest with yourself that your beer is well-made, free from faults and of good quality, then laugh it off.

You canít please all of the people all of the time.
4/30/2013 7:43:28 AM

Private message send the author a private message

Gazza 726:163
Personally Iíd never get too hung up with what people think about my beer - I brew for a living now and know enough about the internet to see that thereís a lot of people (not aiming at anyone here, this is a general comment) wouldnít be able to find their arse with both hands but feel theyíre qualified to comment on beer when they know sod-all about the process of brewing / serving or flavours / problems in beer.

Getting upset about negative comments is self-defeating, youíll just make yourself look an arse so itís best to roll with it and, as long as youíre 100% honest with yourself that your beer is well-made, free from faults and of good quality then laugh it off.
4/30/2013 7:43:43 AM

flabeer 2
Originally posted by 3fourths
Originally posted by flabeer
Let me follow you to your job and critique you. How do you think youíll hold up?

I do not create products that customers can purchase. I do not run a business open to the public. this doesnít apply.

So, you sit in a closed room being completely unproductive and nothing you do on a day to day basis ever leaves the room? Is that what youíre saying?
4/30/2013 8:10:07 AM

premium
TheHOFF43 1752:108
Originally posted by 3fourths
Let me follow you to your job and critique you. How do you think youíll hold up?

I do not create products that customers can purchase. I do not run a business open to the public. this doesnít apply.

So, you sit in a closed room being completely unproductive and nothing you do on a day to day basis ever leaves the room? Is that what youíre saying?

I will actually invite you to come to my job and critique me. Iíd love it. Do you have knowledge of industrial chemicals? Have you rated 6000 industrial chemical companies or sales people? What are your credentials for this?

Youíre getting butt-hurt because someone probably criticized some of your beers in a similar fashion.

W Brewing guy chooses to brew (or work at a brewery, still not sure who is running that account) and chooses to read reviews. If you donít want feedback, donít actively search it out.
4/30/2013 8:56:31 AM

premium
SrSilliGose 3259:252
how does everyone feel about memory rates?
4/30/2013 8:58:39 AM

premium
pepsican 1447:46
Originally posted by lushawn

My point is...there are ways to say the beer sucks aka, you donít like a beer, without being a tool. Michael Jackson never had a bad word for any of the beers he wrote about BUT you always knew what he enjoyed and what was awful.

Yeah, Iím not Jackson and didnít plan to be when I started rating on here. Itís a personal thing I do that Iím not getting paid for, so being nice and fluffing up god awful beers isnít something I care to do. There are so many craft brewers churning out undrinkable garbage and Iíll feel free to express that in my ratings. The few gems I find in the dirt get high praise and a good score. The beers in between that get a score and review somewhat in between. As long as youíre consistent I donít see why it matters.

Fucken a bro thatís pretty much how I see it too.
4/30/2013 9:00:42 AM

premium
SrSilliGose 3259:252
Originally posted by garbacecan
Originally posted by mrcrabs

My point is...there are ways to say the beer sucks aka, you donít like a beer, without being a tool. Michael Jackson never had a bad word for any of the beers he wrote about BUT you always knew what he enjoyed and what was awful.

Yeah, Iím not Jackson and didnít plan to be when I started rating on here. Itís a personal thing I do that Iím not getting paid for, so being nice and fluffing up god awful beers isnít something I care to do. There are so many craft brewers churning out undrinkable garbage and Iíll feel free to express that in my ratings. The few gems I find in the dirt get high praise and a good score. The beers in between that get a score and review somewhat in between. As long as youíre consistent I donít see why it matters.

what the hell is going on here?
4/30/2013 9:03:39 AM

premium
pepsican 1447:46
Originally posted by lushawn
Originally posted by garbacecan
Originally posted by mrcrabs

what the hell is going on here?

#time travelin #partyin
4/30/2013 9:05:51 AM

premium
brokensail 10961:855
My point is...there are ways to say the beer sucks aka, you donít like a beer, without being a tool. Michael Jackson never had a bad word for any of the beers he wrote about BUT you always knew what he enjoyed and what was awful. Rating sites, and the internet in general, give you a certain anonymity that tends to breed douchbaggery. Donít be that guy. Thatís all. Let me follow you to your job and critique you. How do you think youíll hold up? And at the end of your work day, let me write a report on how you suck at your job(at least in the way I see you sucking at your job) and send it to your boss, your wife, your kids, your parents and friends and so on.

I understand that, and I wrote in previous posts that I was overly harsh, that it was brash, and wasnít exactly a professional review (even though Iím not a professional beer writer).

Iím also guessing, though, that you donít necessarily condone the brewerís approach in this situation. This is based off of the example you used previously.

As far as you (or anyone else) following me around at work and reviewing me, youíre welcome to. I canít afford to fly you out to California, though.

Itís not like Iím not reviewed and my work isnít reviewed all the time by my project managers, clients, vendors, field staff, etc. All of whom have differing levels of knowledge of what it is I do. Iím fairly good at what I do, but when somebody tells me I did a bad job on something, I figure out how to not do such a shitty one the next time. I donít tell them to go back to taking online junior college classes.
4/30/2013 9:18:18 AM

premium
MacBoost 1280:20
All my reviews are garbage, but some are worse than others. This one was seen by the brewer, and apparently they liked it enough to post it to their Facebook page and even defend it when people complained about it. Awesome.
4/30/2013 9:18:37 AM

Home > Forums > Site News

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers