RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Site News | Beer Talk | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Unhappy brewer

read 8164 times • 126 replies • posted 3/13/2013 12:10:47 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

premium
pepsican 1441:46
Originally posted by womencantsail
I donít tell them to go back to taking online junior college classes.

For no credit. That dudes bm to you lifts and itís even better with all of the brewery BS mixed in.

A+
4/30/2013 9:23:33 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
brokensail 10653:811
Originally posted by randomgarbage
Originally posted by womencantsail
I donít tell them to go back to taking online junior college classes.

For no credit. That dudes bm to you lifts and itís even better with all of the brewery BS mixed in.

A+

That part of the message did make me laugh. But the other insults were pretty much ws;sp.
4/30/2013 9:25:59 AM

flabeer 2
So what Iím getting from the most recent posts is that you can say whatever you please without consequence, but itís a different story for the person who made the product you just blasted. It that it? A genuine poor rating with positive feedback is what this site is supposed to be all about. Not a place for you to vent your anger at the world.

Moderater want to chime in here...
You were certainly interested enough to delete the entire thread that went south about Hill Farmstead.
How about this one.
4/30/2013 10:01:49 AM

premium
TheHOFF43 1734:105
Originally posted by flabeer
So what Iím getting from the most recent posts is that you can say whatever you please without consequence, but itís a different story for the person who made the product you just blasted. It that it? A genuine poor rating with positive feedback is what this site is supposed to be all about. Not a place for you to vent your anger at the world.

You were certainly interested enough to delete the entire thread that went south about Hill Farmstead.
How about this one.

Who said brewers arenít allowed to say what they want? The difference is the customer doesnít need that brewery, but the brewery needs customers. Its true for any business.

If a brewer messaged me and said "your review was pretty harsh, sorry you felt that way" itíd be one thing but to call out a customer isnít going to help business. A customer can think/say what they want with a lot fewer repercussions than a business. If my customer tells me Iím fucking horrible I canít say that back to them. Its not how life works.

Leave GodofVT out of this one.

4/30/2013 10:06:38 AM

flabeer 2
Originally posted by khoffman43
Originally posted by flabeer

How about this one.

Who said brewers arenít allowed to say what they want? The difference is the customer doesnít need that brewery, but the brewery needs customers. Its true for any business.

If a brewer messaged me and said "your review was pretty harsh, sorry you felt that way" itíd be one thing but to call out a customer isnít going to help business. A customer can think/say what they want with a lot fewer repercussions than a business. If my customer tells me Iím fucking horrible I canít say that back to them. Its not how life works.

Leave GodofVT out of this one.

All Iím saying is if you donít like the product, give it a low rating and explain why without coming off like a complete douchbag. Iím not defending brewers who feel it necessary to lash out at a rater, just a little civility. Is that too much to ask. Iíve only replied to one rating myself and mearly asked that they try again somewhere down the road. They agreed and that was the end.
4/30/2013 10:18:45 AM

premium
brokensail 10653:811
No, thatís not what Iím saying. I have posted multiple times now that I was a dick about it. Most of my ratings are pretty much the same basic format and syntax and I decided to have some fun with this particular rating, thatís all. Was it poor form? Probably.

As I stated before, the reason I even posted about this is because I thought it was amusing the guy was upset at my poor form and then proceeded to lower the bar even more.

From your posts, it seems like you have the correct and professional approach for dealing with raters and customers who gave some of your beers unfriendly/rude/etc. reviews, so Iím not sure why youíre rushing to the defense of a guy who decided he should one-up someone on the asshole totem pole.
4/30/2013 10:20:33 AM

PhillyBeer2112 2517:65
Originally posted by lushawn
how does everyone feel about memory rates?

Depends on what you mean by memory rates.
If you mean that if someone just signed up for ratebeer today and tried to rate from memory dozens or more beers they had tried over the last few years, then no, that is not acceptable.

If you mean, I went out last night to a brewpub, had 1 or 2 new-to-me beers, took mental notes, and logged on today to enter my ratings, well then I donít see the problem. Cuz I do that all the damn time. Or more likely, I will buy a mix and match sixer, drink 1 on a given night, take my mental notes, and enter it 1-2 days later.
4/30/2013 10:24:20 AM

premium
GT2 8284:576
Originally posted by BlackIPA
All my reviews are garbage, but some are worse than others. This one was seen by the brewer, and apparently they liked it enough to post it to their Facebook page and even defend it when people complained about it. Awesome.

4/30/2013 10:26:45 AM

premium
SirADNielsen 8960:413
Can this be a thread be a post your most worthless, douchey rating from here on out?
4/30/2013 10:31:49 AM

premium
Steve_0 2547:104
Originally posted by adnielsen
Can this be a thread be a post your most worthless, douchey rating from here on out?

How could you choose?
4/30/2013 10:35:20 AM

Home > Forums > Site News

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback