RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Site News | Beer Talk | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Unhappy brewer

read 8368 times • 126 replies • posted 3/13/2013 12:10:47 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

premium
HogTownHarry 6131:28
I see that, but ... never mind.
3/13/2013 12:35:07 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
foppa78 12
If I rated beer and was contacted in this hostile manner I would be quite upset. If I find fault with a beer and do not care for it I have every right to feel that way.

A brewer of all people should recognize that perhaps the user received a bad bottle. It happens. Even if the bottle was just fine the brewer should understand that not everyone is going to love every beer that they brew.

If a brewer has issue with a rating then a polite message asking for a reevaluation of a beer does not seem out of order to me. This should have been handled much better by the brewer. Starting a message off with hey numbnuts was a very poor choice.
3/13/2013 12:36:46 PM

premium
HogTownHarry 6131:28
This happened to me once too - brewery now one of the most popular micros in Ontario - my response to a whiny BM about my rating was to edit my rating mentioning the whining, and lowering my score by about 0.4
3/13/2013 12:36:59 PM

premium
RamyG4 321:3
I would have just lowered the rating significantly.
3/13/2013 12:42:38 PM

premium
kmweaver 3207:116
Originally posted by foppa78
If a brewer has issue with a rating then a polite message asking for a reevaluation of a beer does not seem out of order to me. This should have been handled much better by the brewer. Starting a message off with hey numbnuts was a very poor choice.

This. The emails Iíve received (few) are generally far more polite. God help them if I ever get one like that.

Brewers: Youíre professionals. Act like one.
3/13/2013 12:43:41 PM

premium
JMerritt 1844:72
Brewers should act professionally. And we should act likewise. Iím not sure that means lowering a rating out of spite. Update your rating mentioning that the brewer was rude to you, but leave your scores stand. Take the high road.
3/13/2013 12:45:41 PM

premium
daknole 9466:400
I was contacted once by a brewer. He offered to send me fresh bottles of his product to see if it was better. I accepted and it was better. He was very professional and nice about it.
3/13/2013 12:47:45 PM

premium
kmweaver 3207:116
Originally posted by JMerritt
Brewers should act professionally. And we should act likewise. Iím not sure that means lowering a rating out of spite. Update your rating mentioning that the brewer was rude to you, but leave your scores stand. Take the high road.

Totally agreed.
3/13/2013 12:48:58 PM

premium
Drake 9005:487
Yeah, this has happened to me.

My place rating of Bier Brewery in Indianapolis was a little bit meaner than it should have been, but it got a VERY nasty response from the owner/brewer. We did eventually come to terms.

I once contacted Red Oak Brewery in NC for some info on their beer, and ended up getting a request that I nuke another users place rating (and no info on their beers). That rating was not out of line and it remains.

The great thing, though, is that this is the exception, not the rule.

Though I am disappointed I never got the chance to visit Alt Platz before they closed.
3/13/2013 12:49:31 PM

pinkie 470:10
Originally posted by DuffMan
I just got chastised in a beermail from a brewmaster (small American brewery, employs 12 people) who was unhappy about my rating for one of his beers. His opening address was "Hey numbnuts" (very professional), and then went on to tell me how the beer in question has won awards and blah blah blah. I responded (rather nastily), then found out that he joined RB today SPECIFICALLY to send me his stern message.

Has this happened to anyone else? Just curious.

You are famous! =) I would be flattered if not annoyed.
3/13/2013 12:52:02 PM

Home > Forums > Site News

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers