RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Site News | Beer Talk | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Unhappy brewer

read 8135 times • 126 replies • posted 3/13/2013 12:10:47 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

FatPhil 9152:301
I had one whiney brewer whose cock-piercing had obviously gone rusty contact me to complain that Iíd only given 3.9 to his beer. (Making it in my top-10 after about 1000+ ratings!)

I had another tosspot contact me because I noted that his 14+% beer was a sweet boozy mess and gave it a moderately low score. He remarked that the 20 previous raters (all from his current or previous places of residence) had all loved it, and therefore I didnít know what I was talking about. Iím not even on the bottom page of the ratings for that beer now, and almost all those around me have mentioned the booziness.

When it comes from brewers who I know have created some great beers, I treat them like artists, they have immature temperaments, and canít stand criticism.

Just keep rating the beer and ignore them.
3/13/2013 1:56:21 PM

Private message send the author a private message

BoBoChamp 5358:5
This already happened a dozen times to me; some brewers tend to act very childish when they see a lower rating appearing (some arenít even happy with just a good rating)
3/13/2013 2:09:32 PM

premium
hopscotch 8850:223
Iíve never once been called out and I friends or at least friendly with a lot of the brewers of the beer I drink and rate. I sense that a couple of them have read some of my ratings of their beers and donít appreciate some of them or they just feel sort of "under-the-microscope," because they have become a bit standoffish or reserved around me, but never mean or angry.

Fortunately, most of them donít even check their beersí ratings and even if they did, they wouldnít know who the heck hopscotch is.
3/13/2013 4:11:30 PM

premium
Reid 1855:45
All the e-mails i have received from a local brewer have been very nice, even when my review was not actually loving the beer.
3/13/2013 4:32:05 PM

premium
Fratto 2590:
Iíve gotten several. Some from brewers, one from a distributor. Half were professional and cool about it. Half were about as you described.
3/13/2013 5:05:34 PM

premium
Ontbeertaster 2308:158
I rated one beer poorly and was contacted by the head brewer.

I respectfully gave him the benefit of the doubt, that it could have been a old bottle, or something wrong with it, as my rating was not in line with others and deleted my rating
3/13/2013 5:24:09 PM

premium
BoostIPA 1198:20
I could give exactly 2 shits about what anyone thinks of my reviews, brewers included. I call it like I see it.
3/13/2013 6:49:02 PM

premium
keanex 1390:52
Originally posted by BlackIPA
I could give exactly 2 shits about what anyone thinks of my reviews, brewers included. I call it like I see it.
Amen. If a brewer wants to send me a new bottle to review then go for it. Iíll gladly take the time again, with an open mind. If itís bad though that rating is sticking and Iím not wasting any more money on it.
3/13/2013 7:08:27 PM

premium
17thfloor 2429:18
"These seemingly alcoholic losers wouldnít know a good beer if it was delivered by the gods themselves." this has been my quote on my profile ever since some brewer said it last year? who was the brewer who put up the long blog post hating on ratebeer... someone has to remember... it turned into a 20 page thread if I remember right
3/13/2013 8:55:27 PM

premium
17thfloor 2429:18
Originally posted by 17thfloor
"These seemingly alcoholic losers wouldnít know a good beer if it was delivered by the gods themselves." this has been my quote on my profile ever since some brewer said it last year? who was the brewer who put up the long blog post hating on ratebeer... someone has to remember... it turned into a 20 page thread if I remember right

ah here we go: http://beerpulse.com/2010/07/when-brewers-go-on-the-attack/
3/13/2013 8:56:24 PM

Home > Forums > Site News

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback