RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Industry | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

US Craft exporters

read 1796 times • 25 replies • posted 2/7/2013 3:24:03 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3

premium
konstifik 573:36
Originally posted by TimE
Wow, that is an amazing list and I was surprised to see a couple names, as those are breweries that have, in the past, indicated they wanted to focus more on the local market. I was also surprised to see Ale Smith, as I heard it was very hard to get their product on keg in So Cal. You guys are pretty damn lucky as it would be hard to one stop shop for all those names in the US.
Tim

Many of those listed (like Alesmith) only comes in bottles and only in limited quantities though, and very few can be found on shelves all year round. Many donít make it to shelves at all but rather just to good beer bars around the country. Most importers will let you order them (by the crate) though if you want to drink them at home.

There are more stuff that have been imported just once or on a non-regular basis. For example, we got some crates of Heady Topper last year and have had some Behemoth previously too (I think both were through Drikkeriget though).
2/13/2013 1:00:12 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
MannyGoldberg 164:6
Originally posted by RobN
Originally posted by MannyGoldberg
Personally Iíd like to see more Italian beers over here. Apart for Brewfist and Birra Del Borgo I donít see much around.

Have you tried Amarcord? The Espresso Porter is awesome in my opinion.

Not yet. Will add it to my look-out list.

2/15/2013 6:37:37 AM

premium
MagicDave6 1:1
You could go wild and contact directly the brewerys you want to get in, therefore cutting out the wholesaler. Crazy idea, but it works.
2/15/2013 6:46:30 AM

RobN
Originally posted by MagicDave6
You could go wild and contact directly the brewerys you want to get in, therefore cutting out the wholesaler. Crazy idea, but it works.

Never worked for me I am afraid (with non-UK brewers).
2/15/2013 7:06:37 AM

brewtopian 2:
Originally posted by MagicDave6

Unless that brewer is a licensed exporter then they would not be legally permitted to sell to anyone overseas. This gets more complicated as each state has restrictions on how many facets of the 3 tier system a brewer can occupy.
2/15/2013 9:49:05 PM

Home > Forums > Industry

Page 1 | 2 | 3
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers