RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Travel | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Visiting Baltimore on May 2

read 325 times • 7 replies • posted 4/18/2013 6:33:48 PM

Thread Frozen

premium
biggsbowler 256:17
I plan on going to Max’s, Of Love and Regret, and Brewer’s Art. Can anyone recommend some others places? I will have a car, but I don’t want to drive too drunk or far.

Bottle shops would be great too. I know its a long shot but I’d love to find a bottle of Stillwater Olde Bay Saison.

Cheers
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
devman171 900:118
Alewife, great beers and smoked burger!

4/20/2013 6:59:08 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Also gotta get G&M restaurant crab cakes, near heavy seas brewery

4/20/2013 7:02:04 PM

premium
Wine source in hampton, perfect pour, total wine

4/21/2013 4:15:08 PM

lithy 2996:156
I always hit up Wine Source, but it is only 8ish blocks from my brother in law.

Brewer’s Art is great, if you can, happy hour is a great deal, food is amazing. Their hours make it an evening visit though.

Max’s is all time-dependent, on a Thursday if you’re there early enough, I don’t think it would be bad, any later than that and on weekend nights it gets tough to get a drink.

Only other place I’ve made a point to visit is Pratt St Ale House near Camden Yard, I’d skip it in the future.
4/21/2013 5:34:43 PM

premium
Brigadier 2880:257
Originally posted by biggsbowler
I plan on going to Max’s, Of Love and Regret, and Brewer’s Art. Can anyone recommend some others places? I will have a car, but I don’t want to drive too drunk or far.

Bottle shops would be great too. I know its a long shot but I’d love to find a bottle of Stillwater Olde Bay Saison.

Cheers

Max’s is awesome but I found it too insanely crowded to have a good time on a Friday night opening weekend unless you like shouting at your friends. Still, $3.50 for a Mikeller Single Hop and $10.00 for a 750 of Fantome were sweet deals. If you do go keep an eye on the Specials Board. Your mileage may vary now that things have (hopefully) calmed down.
4/21/2013 7:22:16 PM

premium
MrChopin 3220:100
Nice itinerary. I’d say start at Brewerr’s Art (or Max’s as Brewer’s doesn’t open until 430) and do these four:

1) Brewer’s Art - Drink their beer. eat at the bar, where you can have every menu item. Try the Carpaccio. The mac and cheese is a crowd pleaser..

2) Max’s - Drink a few bottles. get a table upstairs if you’re worried about crowds (Thursday will be so-so).

3) Of Love and Regret - Don’t miss taps + bottles on the second floor. Food snacks are good- Korean pancake and spicy rock shrimp are solid.

4) Jack’s Bistro - my favorite place in the city for food.. unique small plates or full meals. 5-6 block walk from Of Love (leave car there, very safe area, and tough to park around Jack’s late). Plus great cocktails and solid beer menu.

- Olde Bay Saison was a one-off sold two years ago. Haven’t seen it since then.
4/28/2013 11:38:43 AM

premium
biggsbowler 256:17
Thank you all, MrChopin sounds like a solid plan.
4/28/2013 11:47:26 AM

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search