RateBeer

Visiting Baltimore on May 2

read 358 times • 7 replies •

Thread Frozen

biggsbowler
premium
beers 544 º places 22 º 18:33 Thu 4/18/2013

I plan on going to Max’s, Of Love and Regret, and Brewer’s Art. Can anyone recommend some others places? I will have a car, but I don’t want to drive too drunk or far.

Bottle shops would be great too. I know its a long shot but I’d love to find a bottle of Stillwater Olde Bay Saison.

Cheers

devman171
beers 1221 º places 162 º 18:59 Sat 4/20/2013

Alewife, great beers and smoked burger!

devman171
beers 1221 º places 162 º 19:02 Sat 4/20/2013

Also gotta get G&M restaurant crab cakes, near heavy seas brewery

devman171
beers 1221 º places 162 º 16:15 Sun 4/21/2013

Wine source in hampton, perfect pour, total wine

lithy
beers 2996 º places 156 º 17:34 Sun 4/21/2013

I always hit up Wine Source, but it is only 8ish blocks from my brother in law.

Brewer’s Art is great, if you can, happy hour is a great deal, food is amazing. Their hours make it an evening visit though.

Max’s is all time-dependent, on a Thursday if you’re there early enough, I don’t think it would be bad, any later than that and on weekend nights it gets tough to get a drink.

Only other place I’ve made a point to visit is Pratt St Ale House near Camden Yard, I’d skip it in the future.

Brigadier
premium
beers 3260 º places 291 º 19:22 Sun 4/21/2013

Originally posted by biggsbowler
I plan on going to Max’s, Of Love and Regret, and Brewer’s Art. Can anyone recommend some others places? I will have a car, but I don’t want to drive too drunk or far.

Bottle shops would be great too. I know its a long shot but I’d love to find a bottle of Stillwater Olde Bay Saison.

Cheers

Max’s is awesome but I found it too insanely crowded to have a good time on a Friday night opening weekend unless you like shouting at your friends. Still, $3.50 for a Mikeller Single Hop and $10.00 for a 750 of Fantome were sweet deals. If you do go keep an eye on the Specials Board. Your mileage may vary now that things have (hopefully) calmed down.

MrChopin
premium
beers 3726 º places 100 º 11:38 Sun 4/28/2013

Nice itinerary. I’d say start at Brewerr’s Art (or Max’s as Brewer’s doesn’t open until 430) and do these four:

1) Brewer’s Art - Drink their beer. eat at the bar, where you can have every menu item. Try the Carpaccio. The mac and cheese is a crowd pleaser..

2) Max’s - Drink a few bottles. get a table upstairs if you’re worried about crowds (Thursday will be so-so).

3) Of Love and Regret - Don’t miss taps + bottles on the second floor. Food snacks are good- Korean pancake and spicy rock shrimp are solid.

4) Jack’s Bistro - my favorite place in the city for food.. unique small plates or full meals. 5-6 block walk from Of Love (leave car there, very safe area, and tough to park around Jack’s late). Plus great cocktails and solid beer menu.

- Olde Bay Saison was a one-off sold two years ago. Haven’t seen it since then.

biggsbowler
premium
beers 544 º places 22 º 11:47 Sun 4/28/2013

Thank you all, MrChopin sounds like a solid plan.