Visiting Brussels towards the end of Dec. IP trade?

Reads 4835 • Replies 65 • Started Wednesday, June 18, 2014 12:18:05 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

beuk87
beers 3 º places 5 º 22:59 Sun 6/22/2014

Sent you a PM.

waltersrj
beers 280 º places 2 º 16:50 Mon 6/23/2014

Thank you to Digita, kraddl, beauk, and verbalessence for PM’ing me and working out possible trades. :)

kraddel
beers 10779 º places 386 º 17:23 Mon 6/23/2014

no problemo ;) Ive met verbalessence and digita before, both are really cool guys so it should work out fine I supose ;) Don’t think i’ve met beauk ? maybe someday in the future ? ;)

beuk87
beers 3 º places 5 º 23:36 Mon 6/23/2014

I’ve only met digita. Aren’t you coming to RBBSG kraddel? Or just let me know whenever you are stranded in BXL :)

tderoeck
beers 14777 º places 247 º 02:10 Wed 6/25/2014

Hey Walter, I’m not judging you because you want these, I can understand. But chances are pretty small to find any of them (well, you’ve extended the list now, so there’s a bigger chance of actual trades happening). Also, not saying that the trade would be not fair, but it would be very unlikely for them to happen. And it seems (not your post, but a few posts lately) that if people cannot get the huge whalez, that they don’t want to bother at all. Where as I think, well, if you have the spare room in your luggage, and there’s no huge whale trades happening, you might as well use that spare room to trade for some other things, maybe bring to a tasting, etc... I know most of the Belgian crew has very interesting things in their cellar, which I’m pretty sure are not available in Canada either. I don’t understand the shipping remark though. You’re just coming to Belgium with bottles in your luggage, right? Not shipping stuff? Maybe I misunderstood.

Anyway, I could help you with one bottle of the extended ISO list. I’ll pm you.

tderoeck
beers 14777 º places 247 º 02:17 Wed 6/25/2014

Originally posted by beuk87
I’ve only met digita. Aren’t you coming to RBBSG kraddel? Or just let me know whenever you are stranded in BXL :)

Hi Beuk87, just a kind reminder for a little personal mail / fb friend request. :-) Looking forward to meet you IRL as well.

Also: Dylan will probably not make it to the RB meeting, I thought...

tderoeck
beers 14777 º places 247 º 02:38 Wed 6/25/2014

Originally posted by waltersrj
While I’m one here. What are you locals favorite spots to:
A: Drink (besides the obvious ones Americans want to go to) in Brussels.
B: Eat.
C: Fun random places to tour or sights to see?

C: Gent. :p

kraddel
beers 10779 º places 386 º 02:45 Wed 6/25/2014

still not sure if i’ll make it ... what date was it again ?

beuk87
beers 3 º places 5 º 03:40 Wed 6/25/2014

Originally posted by tderoeck
Originally posted by beuk87

Hi Beuk87, just a kind reminder for a little personal mail / fb friend request. :-) Looking forward to meet you IRL as well.

Also: Dylan will probably not make it to the RB meeting, I thought...

Well I sent you a friend request on FB! Initials EB :)

Lurkaholic
04:38 Fri 6/27/2014

If you’re making it to Grote doorst as part of your trip (and if you aren’t, you’re seriously missing out), you’ll be able to buy Hommage b1 and framboos for 45 and 75 euro, on site consumption only, if that’s of interest. They also have ’03 OGV in both formats for 18 and 32 euro each (a steal, and delicious!).

But I’m guessing you’re more looking to take things home than just open... And I’m afraid I have no way to help with that! Good luck.