West metro goose island tap takeover at a hotel bar/restaurant

Reads 1306 • Replies 23 • Started Monday, March 9, 2015 4:24:16 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 16:24 Mon 3/9/2015

Grizzlys in Plymouth is having bourbon county vanilla, barleywine and regular on Thursday (3/12/15). After vanilla is gone, barrel-aged silhouette is being tapped. I work 6 blocks from here, might go if someone wants to split a flight or sit near me

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 16:28 Mon 3/9/2015

They have good food and a nice taplist made up mainly of locals. Start time for these events is usually 4pm.

Bacterial
beers 3140 º places 134 º 20:09 Mon 3/9/2015

Man that place is killing it. I’ll need to check it out someday.

CLevar
places 23 º 20:40 Mon 3/9/2015

Thats awesome! Do the events get crazy or not?

thomashall
beers 1696 º 21:05 Mon 3/9/2015

I’ll be there. Can’t wait to have some more Vanilla Rye...amazing!

arminjewell
beers 9756 º places 10 º 21:39 Mon 3/9/2015

Nice! Would love to have more vanilla rye for sure...

Originally posted by TheHOFF43
Grizzlys in Plymouth is having bourbon county vanilla, barleywine and regular on Thursday (3/12/15). After vanilla is gone, barrel-aged silhouette is being tapped. I work 6 blocks from here, might go if someone wants to split a flight or sit near me

Any word on pricing? That will have a huge impact on the turnout.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 10:34 Tue 3/10/2015

Confirmed its at 4pm. No mention of pricing.

In the past I want to say it was $5/5oz pour but that might not be true this time.

I went to the BA Darkness/KBS/Eight/other high boost beers event and it was busy but not lines out the door or anything. I got there at 4:15 that day, with two coworkers, sat down and shared some flights.

This might get crazier because of the BCS hype train and more people are realizing Grizzly’s has a good thing going.

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 11:26 Tue 3/10/2015

Originally posted by TheHOFF43
Confirmed its at 4pm. No mention of pricing.

In the past I want to say it was $5/5oz pour but that might not be true this time.

I went to the BA Darkness/KBS/Eight/other high boost beers event and it was busy but not lines out the door or anything. I got there at 4:15 that day, with two coworkers, sat down and shared some flights.

This might get crazier because of the BCS hype train and more people are realizing Grizzly’s has a good thing going.

I went to the CBS release a month or so back, and that got pretty busy (and on a terrible weather night). If I recall correctly, they made you do a $12 flight (which included other decent beers) to get the CBS. I actually liked this approach, as it made the CBS last for a good 2+ hours so more people could get it.

Kyle: I may try to snag a ride and join you. My days left in this office are numbered!

Thanks, guys. I did the BCS flight at Groveland a week or two back and liked that as well. Reduces the chance of some stuff kicking in 30 minutes.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 13:44 Tue 3/10/2015

I am assuming this is a flight system as well. Ivan the Terrible was on the other day. I like that beer a lot. This if off topic.

Greg: Let me know if you are going. If not, lets grab lunch this week (or both!) Email sent to you.