RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Food and Beer | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

What are you making to go with that beer? - game day edition

read 439 times • 5 replies • posted 3/23/2013 4:51:23 AM

Thread Frozen

pinkie 425:10
OK so today is a big basketball day and I want to make something snackish like poppers but without all the cheese. Itís not that I donít like cheese but who needs a 1000 calorie snack and it might be my meal so I want it to be good. Then I was thinking about all the delicious hoppy beers I just got from UTAH and what herb would be really great to compliment the hops? Sage. Sage is musty and haylike and grassy.

Get a bag of those mini peppers, some pork, (loin, chop whatever), fresh sage, fresh rosemary, onion, an egg, brown rice and little fresh parmesan. Mince the pork, really fine and the onion. Chop the sage and rosemary and put into a bowl. Mix with the egg and some salt and pepper. Into the fridge with it. Make the rice and combine with the pork mixture. When you are ready to put these together just cut the peppers in half, remove the seeds and stuff. Into a preheated 400 degree oven for about 35-40 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan.

If these come out as beautifully as I think they will. I will post pics later. March Madness! I will be serving this with Red Rock Elephino Double IPA.

Private message Send the author a private message

These are my first attempts at the oven temperature and I will say I put it just under 400 and took them out at about 30-35 minutes. Fabulous. Easy, delicious and filling because of the brown rice. If your brown rice was a little bit soggy like mine do not despair the 400 degree oven will take care of that. If you failed to put in enough pepper go ahead an put it in with the cheese for topping. The red rock elephino is perfect with these. "Letís go OR-ange!"

3/23/2013 8:22:45 AM

Private message send the author a private message

Ok so Hop Notch IPA was a different experience but I had some leftover ingredients from my rice poppers yesterday and I always have frozen raw shrimp so I made this. It went really well with the sour twang that I wasnít expecting from this beer and is delicious on itís own.

Just going to saute the shrimp in a little oil, peppers, (serrano and sweet) garlic, lemon zest & juice, sage and thyme. Serve with rice or pasta. I threw my leftover rice into the saute pan and viola.

3/24/2013 9:01:51 AM

OK so for my last beer which was an imperial black IPA I decided to try two different approaches. One go with cheese and I made some basic twice baked potatoes and served them with a green salad. but what I liked even better although you would think it wouldnít go as well was this wilted spinach salad.

That was 1/3 cup lime juice, 3 cloves garlic, 3/4 tsp cumin, 3/4 tsp coriander, 1 tablespoon honey,some salt to taste, 1 apple, 1 package of spinach and 1/2 cup sliced almonds. Throw the almonds, about 2 tablespoons or a little more evoo into a pan with the garlic and saute just until fragrant add the apple and the zest of one lime, add your apple then the spinach. Pour over the honey dressing and when itís thoroughly wilted itís done. The cumin went well with the chocolate in the black IPA and so did the almonds. The honey stood well against the bitter of the black IPA and I find those very hard to pair with food because they can be so bitter.

Those potatoes are just the gravy from the chicken in the first recipe and a little cheddar cheese and more thyme on top. Bake until golden brown.
=)

3/25/2013 9:17:47 AM

premium
budznsudz 464:9
That all sounds pretty splendid!
3/25/2013 4:52:42 PM

premium
Tibeerious 1
I have used a similar technique to stuff poblanos with a salad shrimp and rice mixture, used parmesan, low fat cream cheese and an egg to bind it all together. stuffed baked peppers are pretty easy to make and taste awesome, so many ways to go
3/26/2013 6:12:27 AM

Food, Beer Recipes

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add