RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Food and Beer | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

what beer goes with tomato sauce.

read 3910 times • 24 replies • posted 1/16/2013 4:22:58 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3

DerWeg 1494:38
Originally posted by pinkie
How come no one has said any italian beers like nostra azura ( if I got it wrong please donít notice) or moretti or peroni? Iím just curious?

Nastro Azzurro is Perroni. Its total lack of bitterness and light biscuit malt make it as inoffensive as table bread washed down with sparkling mineral water.

For more flavor, Iíd like the dark íbreadyí beers the guys mentioned above. Sinha Lion Stout.
1/19/2013 8:59:55 PM

Private message send the author a private message

Coyler 112:1
Originally posted by pinkie
I went to the store today to pick up a wine that would bridge the gap between the beef and the sweet italian saussage. I came home with a bottle I have to tell you about. (just in case there are other cooks here=) Itís ridiculously cheap, rated 90, and itís from 70 year old Spanish vines. Itís a red granache so itís sweet. Itís called Evodia Altovinum. Itís ruby red, velvety smooth and supple like burgundy, has a slight smokiness and mineral quality from the 70 year old vines but it DOESNít have the tart ping of a cabernet or the grainy robust texture of a chianti riserva. OMG Iím drinking it now. Really good in the sauce.

=)

Mille grazie a tutti for the beer parings.

Wonder was that the same Evodia ive had, blue label? Won best old world wine in Irelands gold star awards, fantastic wine.
1/22/2013 5:34:35 PM

Coyler 112:1
Originally posted by fiulijn
Even before reading the Swedish replies above, I was expecting an answer about Saison (which I would consider for the tomato sauce); while I would have preferred a more robust and malty beer for the bolognese sauce, as suggested by Danko

But now, thinking again, I would suggest my go-to beer with anything: Schelkerla Mšrzen

That Marzen is my burger beer, excellent with a grilled quarter pounder and cheese :)

For bolognese my pairing would be a porter, (not to sure if anyone agrees with that but was fantastic when i tried it), had Knockmedown porter for 8 degrees and then something with a little more body in Gonzo from flying dog. Perfection for me :)
1/22/2013 5:39:39 PM

premium
TheAlum 5687:10
..Can we really be to page 3 without a Pizza Beer reference yet??

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/mamma-mia-pizza-beer/84683/

1/22/2013 5:46:23 PM

Home > Forums > Food and Beer

Page 1 | 2 | 3

Food, Beer Recipes

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ