RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Industry | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

What states have the worst availability of craft beer?

read 3854 times • 35 replies • posted 7/26/2012 9:43:39 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

premium
garmonbozia 429:4
Yeah the coast is seeing more that other parts of the state for sure. With more than half the state being dry, it may take a while before it all gets distributed
7/26/2012 5:48:34 PM

Private message send the author a private message

msante79 2210:341
Originally posted by jmagnus87

Agreed, itís definitely about the area. I know Chicago (Illinois), L.A. (California), and St. Louis (Missouri) are all cities with horrible availability. Add that to your market research report.

Chicago? Really? When was the last time you have been up there. Binnyís Lincoln Park probably has one of the top ten selections in the country and I travel for a living. LA is horrible though.
7/26/2012 6:15:44 PM

premium
Brigadier 3015:264
Originally posted by Phillies2008Champs
Mississippi has to be up there!?!

Even before they relaxed their laws you could still find Abita and Lazy Magnolia.
7/26/2012 6:25:44 PM

premium
garmonbozia 429:4
Originally posted by Brigadier
Originally posted by Phillies2008Champs
Mississippi has to be up there!?!

Even before they relaxed their laws you could still find Abita and Lazy Magnolia.

Yes this is true, Leslie at LM has always been very cool to talk to and they have always been supportive of the craft beer scene in south MS.

But even with LM and Abita available in the state, there are many areas that do not even sell either of them just for the simple fact they never heard of them, or the price is at more of a premium than BMC and it would not sell to the general population
7/26/2012 6:38:16 PM

premium
reggiedunlop 3113:142
Well in PA, you have to go to very specific stores for beer...different stores depending upon quantity that you want to purchase. But there are plenty of these stores and our selection is fantastic.
7/26/2012 6:41:30 PM

premium
BBB63 6087:137
Originally posted by msante79

Agreed, itís definitely about the area. I know Chicago (Illinois), L.A. (California), and St. Louis (Missouri) are all cities with horrible availability. Add that to your market research report.

Chicago? Really? When was the last time you have been up there. Binnyís Lincoln Park probably has one of the top ten selections in the country and I travel for a living. LA is horrible though.

plus Chicago may be leading the world in new breweries opened or under construction.
7/26/2012 6:50:24 PM

Phillies08Champs 700:27
Originally posted by watson1977
Well in PA, you have to go to very specific stores for beer...different stores depending upon quantity that you want to purchase. But there are plenty of these stores and our selection is fantastic.

Jean Van Roy from Cantillion says we have the best selection in the world. I have been to one or two other beer cities that were maybe as good as Philly. But Definately none better.
7/26/2012 6:58:42 PM

beerindex
Originally posted by msante79

It is pretty clear that heís being sarcastic, as all three cities are among the best in the country for beer.
7/26/2012 7:17:57 PM

premium
egajdzis 5365:47
Originally posted by watson1977

Yeah, selection is fantastic... No way PA should even be mentioned in this thread.
7/26/2012 7:25:42 PM

premium
bitbucket 2159:63
Originally posted by vollont
like where most bars and gas stations dont even have one craft beer available like a sam adams and only stock BMCs Heineken, Corona or Four Loco. Which states have the least number of beers available and rank them? Whats it like?

I was never successful in getting the other kids to do my homework for me. How about you?
8/5/2012 3:31:49 PM

Home > Forums > Industry

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers