RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Industry | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

What states have the worst availability of craft beer?

read 3754 times • 35 replies • posted 7/26/2012 9:43:39 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

SPDickerman 954:89
Oklahoma... seriously.
8/5/2012 3:45:37 PM

Private message send the author a private message

SPDickerman 954:89
Originally posted by msante79
Originally posted by jmagnus87

Agreed, itís definitely about the area. I know Chicago (Illinois), L.A. (California), and St. Louis (Missouri) are all cities with horrible availability. Add that to your market research report.

Chicago? Really? When was the last time you have been up there. Binnyís Lincoln Park probably has one of the top ten selections in the country and I travel for a living. LA is horrible though.

me thinks he trolls. Chicago as great availability and so does St. Louis. I donít know much about L.A. though, but theyíre close to San Diego.
8/5/2012 3:47:08 PM

kdm1984 663:5
Originally posted by SPDickerman
Oklahoma... seriously.

You havenít had any Marshall from Tulsa?
8/5/2012 3:49:36 PM

Wittales 635:43
Las Vegas sucks also with all those great San Diego and Cal. brews, we only get Stone, Green Flash and Firestone. As well with Colo brews New Belgain that it.
8/5/2012 6:13:53 PM

premium
burg326 3697:
Indiana on Sundays.... Was there today, only 3 Floyds sold beer that was selling beer.
8/5/2012 6:18:18 PM

fletche00
Indiana has crazy alcohol Laws, no take home sales on Sunday unless from a Brewery/Brewpub or Vineyard. You can also drink on premise, nothing else though. It sucks when you run short on Beer for Football too.
8/6/2012 5:16:24 AM

premium
smaynard6000 635:19
Originally posted by egajdzis
Originally posted by watson1977
Well in PA, you have to go to very specific stores for beer...different stores depending upon quantity that you want to purchase. But there are plenty of these stores and our selection is fantastic.

Yeah, selection is fantastic... No way PA should even be mentioned in this thread.

Itís true that you can good a lot of good beer in Pennsylvania; it just can be truly aggravating if you donít know where to go to get it. I know a lot of people that were astounded that you couldnít just stop at a convenience store or even most grocery stores to get a 6-pack. The locals know how to deal with it but itís pretty confusing for people passing through to stop at a beer distributor and not be able to buy anything smaller than a full case.
8/6/2012 11:39:37 AM

premium
GT2 8435:598
Until very recently, Florida was in this boat and it has done a total 180 in the past three years
8/6/2012 11:42:46 AM

goozen 2941:87
The Dutch Province of Friesland and Drenthe aint got much craft beers, like your US counterparts. Only 2 breweries each.
8/6/2012 12:37:51 PM

premium
phaleslu 6509:403
Originally posted by SPDickerman
me thinks he trolls. Chicago as great availability and so does St. Louis. I donít know much about L.A. though, but theyíre close to San Diego.

Agreed. He couldnít be more wrong about Chicago or St. Louis. MO was the biggest net gainer in terms of breweries adding it to their footprint in 2011, not to mention the fact that STL and the state as a whole are exploding with new breweries. And as mentioned above, Chicago is to an even greater degree.
8/6/2012 12:45:36 PM

Home > Forums > Industry

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers