RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Food and Beer | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

What to pair with wild duck?

read 3153 times • 42 replies • posted 1/19/2013 9:57:44 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

GraniteSkunk 10
I picked up a couple Unibroue offerings. I prepared it pretty simply(as my buddy suggested). Stuffed them with carrots, onions, celery, and apples, seasoned them up, and Iím gonna let them cook in the slow cooker for about six hours.

Originally posted by konstifik
Originally posted by b3shine
Originally posted by konstifik
Duck Duck Gooze?

Beat me to it.

I mean, there are two ducks and they are wild. How can Duck Duck Gooze not be perfect?

I traded a Cantillon gueuze for these two ducks. Seriously. So, Duck, Duck for Gueuze
1/20/2013 11:28:44 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Lukaduke 2065:58
Good trade as long as it was already plucked.... or was it skinned. I hate when people skin ducks.
1/20/2013 11:30:52 AM

premium
Tibeerious 1
Slow cookers are a scourge...anyone putting a wild duck in a slow cooker should lose the right to future duck forever....
1/20/2013 12:18:43 PM

GraniteSkunk 10
Originally posted by Lukaduke
Good trade as long as it was already plucked.... or was it skinned. I hate when people skin ducks.

I should say that it wasnít a true trade - my buddy gave me the ducks, and I gave him a Cantillon. It just worked out that we did it at the same time. So, it was and wasnít a trade. They were plucked and cleaned, but not skinned. He left the hearts and gizzards in, too. Yum.

Originally posted by Tibeerious
Slow cookers are a scourge...anyone putting a wild duck in a slow cooker should lose the right to future duck forever....

My buddyís been hunting for about 20 years, and he said that he has tried all methods of cooking the ducks he brings home, and slow cooking them is his favorite way, by far, to cook them. The river ducks around here have very little fat. Iíve never cooked wild duck before, so I went with his suggestions.
1/20/2013 12:23:13 PM

Quasimodo 217:
Duck in a crock pot? Iíll change my beer suggestion to Amstel light.
1/20/2013 12:25:12 PM

premium
Tibeerious 1
Originally posted by Quasimodo
Duck in a crock pot? Iíll change my beer suggestion to Amstel light.

This^^^^^

Seriously....do some research never...and I mean never ever excepting to save your own life...accept the recommendations of rednecks or other hunters when it comes to cooking. I have cousins who deepfry some of the best meat on the planet, others who swear by adding bacon fat to ground venison to make it tastier. Those guys are retards, donít listen to them
1/20/2013 12:39:30 PM

premium
StefanSD 2088:45
I slow cooked a duck once on the stove top--in a dutch oven. I drowned it in 4 cups of chicken broth and 3 cups of bourbon whiskey. Simmered it for 45 minuets and then let it stand (in the liquids) for another half hour. Served up very tasty. Iíd probably pair that with a big barrel aged barley wine.
1/20/2013 3:51:01 PM

premium
radarsock 885:48
duck with duck
1/20/2013 3:51:29 PM

traPISSED 102:
Gueuze!! The dry beer with the sweet meat of duck is supurb
1/20/2013 4:01:33 PM

premium
Tibeerious 1
Originally posted by StefanSD
I slow cooked a duck once on the stove top--in a dutch oven. I drowned it in 4 cups of chicken broth and 3 cups of bourbon whiskey. Simmered it for 45 minuets and then let it stand (in the liquids) for another half hour. Served up very tasty. Iíd probably pair that with a big barrel aged barley wine.

Did it taste just like overcooked chicken or turkey....you know...like all stringy andndry?
1/20/2013 4:36:41 PM

Home > Forums > Food and Beer

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Food, Beer Recipes

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback