RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Homebrew | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

What ya got brewing?

read 1498 times • 29 replies • posted 1/24/2013 2:28:11 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3

premium
eelbasher 285:6
Just wondering what everone had fermenting away. I just did this a few days ago:

1qt Dark LME
1qt Amber LME

1 lb Flaked Oats
.75 lb Chocolate
.5 lb Crystal 90L
.5 lb Crystal 40L
.25 lb Roasted Barley
.25 lb Carapils

45min @ 158*F

1oz Fuggle- 60min
.5oz Kent Goldings- 5min

Pitch WLP002 @ 68*F

Just threw it together and see how it comes out. Also just kegged a Blueberry wheat and have a Pale Ale in the secondary.

What ya’ll got??
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
JulienHuxley 2526:186
Hmm, right now I have a barleywine in secondary that just turned 2 months old, 5gals of kölsch that is lagering, 7 gals of kölsch in primary that will go directly to bottle as a cloudy kellerkölsch, a multigrain (5) that I brewed last week and a smoked that I brewed using 50% weyermann smoked malt, pils malt and kölsch yeast.
1/24/2013 3:49:41 PM

Private message send the author a private message

CLevar 377:10
Lots of stuff.

Currently have 4 beers on tap (two brett pale ales, a BA saison, and a barleywine-ish thing)

Fermenting: ~40 gal of berliner. Mango sour. 10 gal of lambic grist sour. Semi-orval clone. funky belgian dark ale. Funky cider with honey. And a whole shit ton of sour with Levi, plus whatever I have inevitably missed here.
1/24/2013 3:56:04 PM

temporrari 380:11
I have a Belgian dubbel with WLP550 that should be all carbed up this weekend. Then I have a stout in the secondary. The sample I had last weekend was just delicious. Next beer I brew will be a Chinook, Citra, Simcoe IPA.
1/24/2013 4:35:19 PM

IPFreely 1470:143
I have a berliner weisse in the secondary right now. It’s the one in the recipe section here on ratebeer. It looked, smelled, and tasted the part when it got transferred
1/24/2013 5:05:53 PM

Quasimodo 217:
I have a blackberry blueberry beer in the secondary. Smells nice through the airlock. I had to surrender my "man card" to brew this beer.
1/24/2013 5:18:55 PM

premium
eelbasher 285:6
Originally posted by CLevar
Lots of stuff.

Currently have 4 beers on tap (two brett pale ales, a BA saison, and a barleywine-ish thing)

Fermenting: ~40 gal of berliner. Mango sour. 10 gal of lambic grist sour. Semi-orval clone. funky belgian dark ale. Funky cider with honey. And a whole shit ton of sour with Levi, plus whatever I have inevitably missed here.

WOW.
1/24/2013 6:16:56 PM

drewbeerme 3869:1
On tap is 100% mosaic hop ipa, black ipa, and a nelson dry hopped saison. Up next is another ipa and a hoppy tripel fermented with 3711. Brewing a SMaSH Kolsch tomorrow.
1/24/2013 6:48:04 PM

Erlangernick 1:2
Nothing this week due to an injured elbow limiting how many gallons I can haul around. Suppose I could swing a 2-gallon batch though.

Have even had to resort to store-boughtn’t beer!
1/25/2013 12:51:45 AM

premium
wnoble 1214:
Originally posted by drewbeerme
On tap is 100% mosaic hop ipa, black ipa, and a nelson dry hopped saison. Up next is another ipa and a hoppy tripel fermented with 3711. Brewing a SMaSH Kolsch tomorrow.

What are your thoughts on the mosaic?
1/25/2013 5:38:20 AM

drewbeerme 3869:1
Originally posted by wnoble
Originally posted by drewbeerme

What are your thoughts on the mosaic?

Big fan. Lots of mango and papaya, it reminds me of citra. It’s a fine bittering hop but why waste the tropical fruit character so use it in late and dry hop additions.
1/25/2013 5:55:59 AM

Home > Forums > Homebrew

Page 1 | 2 | 3

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add