RateBeer

What ya got brewing?

read 1672 times • 29 replies •

Thread Frozen

eelbasher
beers 285 º places 6 º 14:28 Thu 1/24/2013

Just wondering what everone had fermenting away. I just did this a few days ago:

1qt Dark LME
1qt Amber LME

1 lb Flaked Oats
.75 lb Chocolate
.5 lb Crystal 90L
.5 lb Crystal 40L
.25 lb Roasted Barley
.25 lb Carapils

45min @ 158*F

1oz Fuggle- 60min
.5oz Kent Goldings- 5min

Pitch WLP002 @ 68*F

Just threw it together and see how it comes out. Also just kegged a Blueberry wheat and have a Pale Ale in the secondary.

What ya’ll got??

JulienHuxley
premium
beers 4319 º places 347 º 15:49 Thu 1/24/2013

Hmm, right now I have a barleywine in secondary that just turned 2 months old, 5gals of kölsch that is lagering, 7 gals of kölsch in primary that will go directly to bottle as a cloudy kellerkölsch, a multigrain (5) that I brewed last week and a smoked that I brewed using 50% weyermann smoked malt, pils malt and kölsch yeast.

CLevar
premium
places 16 º 15:56 Thu 1/24/2013

Lots of stuff.

Currently have 4 beers on tap (two brett pale ales, a BA saison, and a barleywine-ish thing)

Fermenting: ~40 gal of berliner. Mango sour. 10 gal of lambic grist sour. Semi-orval clone. funky belgian dark ale. Funky cider with honey. And a whole shit ton of sour with Levi, plus whatever I have inevitably missed here.

temporrari
beers 389 º places 12 º 16:35 Thu 1/24/2013

I have a Belgian dubbel with WLP550 that should be all carbed up this weekend. Then I have a stout in the secondary. The sample I had last weekend was just delicious. Next beer I brew will be a Chinook, Citra, Simcoe IPA.

IPFreely
beers 1470 º places 143 º 17:05 Thu 1/24/2013

I have a berliner weisse in the secondary right now. It’s the one in the recipe section here on ratebeer. It looked, smelled, and tasted the part when it got transferred

Quasimodo
beers 217 º 17:18 Thu 1/24/2013

I have a blackberry blueberry beer in the secondary. Smells nice through the airlock. I had to surrender my "man card" to brew this beer.

eelbasher
beers 285 º places 6 º 18:16 Thu 1/24/2013

Originally posted by CLevar
Lots of stuff.

Currently have 4 beers on tap (two brett pale ales, a BA saison, and a barleywine-ish thing)

Fermenting: ~40 gal of berliner. Mango sour. 10 gal of lambic grist sour. Semi-orval clone. funky belgian dark ale. Funky cider with honey. And a whole shit ton of sour with Levi, plus whatever I have inevitably missed here.

WOW.

drewbeerme
beers 3902 º places 1 º 18:48 Thu 1/24/2013

On tap is 100% mosaic hop ipa, black ipa, and a nelson dry hopped saison. Up next is another ipa and a hoppy tripel fermented with 3711. Brewing a SMaSH Kolsch tomorrow.

Erlangernick
beers 1 º places 2 º 00:51 Fri 1/25/2013

Nothing this week due to an injured elbow limiting how many gallons I can haul around. Suppose I could swing a 2-gallon batch though.

Have even had to resort to store-boughtn’t beer!

wnoble
beers 1251 º 05:38 Fri 1/25/2013

Originally posted by drewbeerme
On tap is 100% mosaic hop ipa, black ipa, and a nelson dry hopped saison. Up next is another ipa and a hoppy tripel fermented with 3711. Brewing a SMaSH Kolsch tomorrow.

What are your thoughts on the mosaic?

drewbeerme
beers 3902 º places 1 º 05:55 Fri 1/25/2013

Originally posted by wnoble
Originally posted by drewbeerme

What are your thoughts on the mosaic?

Big fan. Lots of mango and papaya, it reminds me of citra. It’s a fine bittering hop but why waste the tropical fruit character so use it in late and dry hop additions.

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer