What’s new - Part 2

Reads 13292 • Replies 162 • Started Monday, September 8, 2014 4:03:09 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 11:45 Thu 11/13/2014

A few updates from an area in southern CA that no one (aside from me) cares about:

Innovation Brew Works is open at Cal Poly Pomona, not sure if they have house beers on yet or are still just serving guest beers.

Old Stump, also in Pomona, is pretty much built but I think they’re waiting on permits still. Should be open in the next few months.

Skyland Ale Works in Corona is doing their grand opening this Saturday.

Big Bear Lake Brewing (not to be confused with Big Bear Mountain Brewing, also in Big Bear obviously) opened and is using the equipment from the former Cucamonga / Omaha Jacks / Compass Creek / who knows what else.

Brew Rebellion from Yucaipa is going to open a production facility in San Bernardino which to my knowledge would be the first in that town (since the BJs doesn’t really count).

Escape Craft Brewery is finishing with their permits and has the brewing equipment built. Probably going to open in the next 2-3 months.

Relentless Brewing in Temecula is on about the same time frame as Escape. They actually have all their permits but are having problems with the equipment.

Fermatrix is a small yeast lab here in Riverside. They’re part of the Brew Crew group/ecosystem. Now there are 4 sets of homebrewers brewing at Brew Crew, just a few doors down from the homebrew shop and the yeast bank where they get their supplies from. From what I hear you can actually give this guy yeast and he’ll keep and culture it. Might be fun if you have some spontaneous fermentation projects.

Rincon Brewery in Carpenteria just opened. They’re on the same street as another brewery (now three breweries in Carpenteria).

brewLAB is the other brand new brewery that just opened in Carpenteria.

Captain Fatty’s opened a week ago in Goleta. 1 bbl system.

And my contributions to the SD beer scene knowledge base:

Ballast Point opened another location off of Miramar, making AleSmith equidistant to two Ballast Points (Old Grove being the other).

O’Neill Honey in Oceanside has been open selling honey for a long time but about a year ago they started working on a meadery. Haven’t seen any updates in a while but I can only assume that in the next 6 months we’ll see something.

I just saw that Culture Brewing opened a second location in Ocean Beach. Right now it’s just a tasting room but they say on the website that they eventually plan to brew there.

Has anyone been to Highland Park Brewing yet? Also, what’s the latest on the Blue Palms brewery project? Is Hoperazzi ever going to open?

wutangfinancial
beers 212 º places 33 º 12:56 Thu 11/13/2014

I went to Highland Park a few weeks ago, six house beers if I remember and they seem to be cranking out new ticks weekly.

Naven
beers 1000 º places 109 º 21:03 Thu 11/13/2014

Originally posted by brokensail
O’Sullivan Bros has been added.

If tiny spaces and boring beers are your thing, PREPARE TO BE STOKED

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 22:35 Thu 11/13/2014

Originally posted by Naven
Originally posted by brokensail
O’Sullivan Bros has been added.

If tiny spaces and boring beers are your thing, PREPARE TO BE STOKED

At this point, I’ll take boring and decent/mediocre over most of the garbage that these places are cranking out.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 22:35 Thu 11/13/2014

And holy smokes, Bobby. Awesome update.

As a side note, I’m happy to report the Texaco in Kingman, AZ is one of the top five gas station beer destinations I’ve ever been to. Gotta be up there with the ones in Europe where we got such gems as Jupiler Blue and random flavors of chocolate milk and potato chips.

septemberisover
places 2 º 14:28 Fri 11/14/2014

Been to Highland Park twice, pretty good stuff. Still yet to hear people who has been to Good Beer Co. in Santa Ana.

wutangfinancial
beers 212 º places 33 º 15:15 Fri 11/14/2014

Now that they are open Bobby can stop hating on me for adding captains fatso’s so long ago.

Naven
beers 1000 º places 109 º 20:15 Fri 11/14/2014

New Ballast Point location is Slick.

Green Flash has started work on a new brewery/tasting room in Poway.

Naven
beers 1000 º places 109 º 21:49 Fri 11/14/2014

Half Door brew pub opening soon in downtown SD. Was having dinner tonight and spotted it next door. First time I had heard of it. Looks very close to opening. http://www.halfdoorbrewing.com

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 16:06 Fri 11/21/2014

I mentioned this place before but Rev Winery in Covina is announcing their grand opening as a brewery. Still no brewery license, so we’ll see what happens there.

Rumor has it that Bread and Barley, also in Covina, is looking to open a brewery as well.

Not a brewery per se but chinoskillzians favorite spot in the world, Out of the Park Pizza in Anaheim, is opening a second location in Buena Park.