What’s new -Part 4

Reads 14063 • Replies 168 • Started Friday, September 25, 2015 11:01:20 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 21:35 Fri 12/4/2015

Not sure if I can get something put together this fast but anyone want to open all the libertine club beers from last year the Tuesday before Christmas at Stuffed Sandwich?

BeerandBlues2
beers 20220 º places 1224 º 00:15 Sat 12/5/2015

Originally posted by t0rin0
Not sure if I can get something put together this fast but anyone want to open all the libertine club beers from last year the Tuesday before Christmas at Stuffed Sandwich?
I won’t be able to make it up there then.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 00:55 Sat 12/5/2015

Originally posted by BeerandBlues2

Whatevbri, Alpine Methods is on by the pricey. Phone in waking to the ron l room

Naven
beers 1000 º places 109 º 01:15 Sat 12/5/2015

Originally posted by BeerandBlues2

Whatevbri, Alpine Methods is on by the pricey. Phone in waking to the ron l room
nice

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 12:38 Sat 12/5/2015

Holy crap, that was some solid Advocating. Last thing I remember is drinking pints next door at the brewery (after Strong Ale) with unclejimbo and then I woke up at motel 6. There’s Mexican food on the nightstand.

I almost feel guilty for not having a hangover.

beercation
beers 2 º places 4 º 18:48 Sat 12/5/2015

Could we do it the weekend before Christmas. In flying out that Tuesday.

blipp
beers 14840 º places 219 º 21:28 Sat 12/5/2015

Whatevbri

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 12:33 Tue 12/8/2015

Another homebrewer looking to go pro

http://leucadiabrewingcompany.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Leucadia-Brewing-Company-711693925549436/

no license as of yet so who knows if he’ll ever open. I actually heard about this because there was an old Astro van parked next to Guadalupe Brewing with a large decal in the window.

Speaking of Guadalupe, he’s got a tasting room built out but got in trouble with the city of Carlsbad for not actually having the city licensing to serve beer so he needs to wait another couple of months. He does however give out free tasters and he can sell growlers. After trying most of his beers I didn’t want a growler and instead put $5 in the tip jar. I guess he and some partners ran another brewery with the same name in Guadalupe Mexico for a while but they sold it and now he’s starting another one here.

He also has a homebrew shop out front called Carlsbad Brew Supply which I didn’t see in the database here. Will probably just make a note of it on the brewery place page, unless someone really wants to add it.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 12:35 Tue 12/8/2015

I also heard that Mother Earth is building a very large facility in Idaho or somewhere. Have not done any research on that though. Anyone have info on that?

**edit: never mind. I guess it’s true, 40 bbl brew house in a 40,000 sq ft facility (according to this article)

http://www.westcoastersd.com/2015/10/05/mother-earth-brew-co-idaho/

rcubed
beers 35 º 12:39 Tue 12/8/2015

Mother Earth is opening a new production brewery outside of Boise. Some of the current owners and staff will be moving out there. It will help with the PNW distro. They still might find another local spot to expand to as well. Also their homebrew supply shop is closing down in a week and they are turning the shop into a "Provisions"-like concept.

I’m not sure what the latest is with Northern Pine Brewing but they have a location picked out in Oceanside off of Mission.