What’s new -Part 4

Reads 14072 • Replies 168 • Started Friday, September 25, 2015 11:01:20 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 19:09 Tue 12/29/2015

Forgot to mention that D Dogs here in Riverside closed last week, to be replaced by a Romanos chain pizza location

On the upside, one of the local breweries is going to open a tasting room in downtown. Don’t think that’s public knowledge yet so I wont mention the name right now.

rcubed
beers 35 º 11:53 Wed 12/30/2015

Bitter Brothers in San Diego opens on Saturday.

joeneugs
beers 6372 º places 240 º 11:54 Wed 12/30/2015

Originally posted by t0rin0
Forgot to mention that D Dogs here in Riverside closed last week, to be replaced by a Romanos chain pizza location

On the upside, one of the local breweries is going to open a tasting room in downtown. Don’t think that’s public knowledge yet so I wont mention the name right now.

Fingers crossed for Area 51.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 11:17 Thu 12/31/2015

Completely forgot about Route 30, but they are opening this weekend. They are the ones that bought the old Thompson equipment. Still no word on when Thompson is reopening.

On the subject of A .51, expect big news from them today.

It seems that BullDog Brewery in Murrieta closed within the last couple of weeks.

rcubed
beers 35 º 10:29 Sun 1/3/2016

Originally posted by BeerandBlues2
It seems that BullDog Brewery in Murrieta closed within the last couple of weeks.

Yeah there’s an auction going on for all of their equipment.

rcubed
beers 35 º 10:31 Sun 1/3/2016

Hoparazzi is now open. They fired their brewer last year so it will be interesting to see how they do without him not that they finally have a tasting room.

wutangfinancial
beers 212 º places 33 º 11:32 Sun 1/3/2016

Originally posted by t0rin0

On the subject of A .51, expect big news from them today.

WAT

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 13:54 Sun 1/3/2016

Random updates from around the 9bro9:

Checked out Route 30 here in Riverside yesterday. Only four beers on tap and they need some work for sure though the cream stout was enjoyable. They have a vote going on the chalk board for what style they’re going to brew next. All sub par styles. They are in the same space that Thompson brewing was in and using their old equipment.

http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/route-30-brewing/25603/

Thompson is still a long ways out. They were saying 3 months originally but that was 5 months ago and they still probably have another 6 to go.

https://www.facebook.com/thompsonbrewing/

Euryale is coming along and I’m guessing will be open in another month or two.

https://www.facebook.com/euryalebrewing

Went to Skyland (in Corona) for the first time since opening night (that was just over a year ago). Beer is still decent/drinkable and they seem content with being a small brewery and not distributing. It was interesting to talk business with the owner. He says despite them only delivering an occasional keg to one bar (Cask and Cleaver in San Dimas, down the street from where I used to live) they’ve done $170,000 in gross revenue in the first year in business. No idea what their overhead is but I guess it’s proof that a small time homebrewer gone pro can make an almost acceptable living owning a brewery.

Speaking of homebrewers gone pro, the original brewer from Packinghouse that left to work for the Bruery a couple years ago is now back and with proper training. The IPA was decent, so we’ll see what he’s learned.

beercation
beers 2 º places 4 º 17:40 Mon 1/4/2016

Also, Iron Triangle is doing a private tasting tomorrow night. Not sure when they will open.