When is it the best time to shop at a beer store?

Reads 2173 • Replies 36 • Started Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:25:05 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 21:17 Sun 12/30/2012

When the person that works in said store for some odd reason suddenly acts like you are "worthy". I have had some very random moments of getting beers from the mysterious back- as in "let me get you a bottle from the back".

nuplastikk
beers 9832 º places 73 º 23:53 Sun 12/30/2012

When you need some beers.

shawndavidson
21:11 Mon 1/7/2013

I think best time to buy beers is at night , at night you can buy many beers at beer shop. In morning nobody cares to buy a beer or open a shop. You should always have good communication with your local beer vendor shops. By keeping touch with your vendor, you can easily buy some beers of your own choice. Beer vendor can give good deals and you can easily can get at lower cost.
best beers of Ocala

fiulijn
beers 28318 º places 745 º 21:27 Mon 1/7/2013

Originally posted by kp
It’s better to hit the store before you hit the pub rather than after.

You may end up buying a bomber of a beer that you will find minutes later at the bar for a 5oz sample

(been there)

DrSilverworm
beers 11383 º places 123 º 23:02 Mon 1/7/2013

When they’re least busy. The beer guys will have more time to talk to you about the good stuff.

JoeTheYounger
beers 1183 º places 50 º 09:07 Tue 1/8/2013

During lunch...when all the beer geeks are still at work programming their minds away.

mcox90
beers 3049 º places 61 º 09:29 Tue 1/8/2013

Originally posted by Tibeerious
When I have money?

This

When they are open.

BMMillsy
beers 1788 º places 120 º 10:17 Tue 1/8/2013

I would be very careful about the MORNINGS suggestion. My shop gets their shipments in the afternoon. Don’t wait until the next morning.

If they have a Facebook page, be sure to follow it. Shops tend to announce when their bigger beers come in. But go there as soon as you see it.

Last Thursday my local shop announced Wake n Bake was finally in at around 8:30 pm (they close at 9). They got 5 cases.

I left work early on Friday to grab a 4-pack (or at least just one bottle). Apparently a few people came in and bought a case each. They only had TWO 4-packs left before closing time Thursday, and of course none were left before I stopped by on Friday.

I am starting to get a bit annoyed with them not doing any limits whatsoever on anything. I don’t get why you’re going to sell cases when you only had 5 of them in the first place.

Same thing almost happened to me with White Oak Jai Alai (I went right when they announced it and some guy was standing there with FOUR 4-packs...I snuck into the back cooler and grabbed the last one).

HughConway
beers 831 º places 22 º 14:35 Tue 1/8/2013

As said, whenever the distributorship stops by. In northern Santa Cruz County, CA, this is pretty much Tuesday and Friday.