Where to go in Brussels?

Reads 434 • Replies 6 • Started Sunday, September 6, 2015 9:16:40 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jesperhammer
beers 7481 º places 115 º 09:16 Sun 9/6/2015

Hi Brussels

Going to Brussels next weekend - a small beer club of six people.
If we just run around town with Ratebeer places as guide, what will we miss?
We are mainly looking for beer related experiences but if you have a tourist hint - go on:-)

thx. Jesper:-)

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 09:45 Sun 9/6/2015

Hey Jesper

just got back from there. Recommend Joe’s new edition of around Brussels in 80 beers, some fab bars I wouldn’t have otherwise found through ratebeer in there.

Of course you need to go to Cantillon, would recommend trying to get to de la senne too.

Beer wise fleur en papier doree was my favpurite place to drink, moeder lambic fontinas had best draught selection, neutnigenugh has great food and some rarities on the list. beer circus does good mussels in beer with a decent beer list. If you get a Brussels card you can get free entry to a number of attractions but you also get a 25% off voucher for bier temple and voucher for tapas in moeder lambic, which might be worthwhile if you want to do a few non beer things too!

jesperhammer
beers 7481 º places 115 º 09:59 Sun 9/6/2015

Just what I was looking for.
Cantillon is the only place we have booked.
fleur en papier doree looks very good. Never heard of it.
I will try to search out Brussels in 80 Beers.
Thanks a lot:-)

/Jesper

Originally posted by Beersiveknown
Hey Jesper

just got back from there. Recommend Joe’s new edition of around Brussels in 80 beers, some fab bars I wouldn’t have otherwise found through ratebeer in there.

Of course you need to go to Cantillon, would recommend trying to get to de la senne too.

Beer wise fleur en papier doree was my favpurite place to drink, moeder lambic fontinas had best draught selection, neutnigenugh has great food and some rarities on the list. beer circus does good mussels in beer with a decent beer list. If you get a Brussels card you can get free entry to a number of attractions but you also get a 25% off voucher for bier temple and voucher for tapas in moeder lambic, which might be worthwhile if you want to do a few non beer things too!

MarcoDL
beers 9593 º places 213 º 08:36 Mon 9/7/2015

The place gets a lot of hate, but nevertheless I’d recommend Delirium cafe. Yes, it can be very crowded with annoying tourists that only drink sweet fruit beers. But I’ve had a lot of great beers there for really good prices. E.g. St. Lambvinus, Vigneronne, Abbayes des Rocs Triple Imperiale, great Saisons (Fantome, Glazen Toren, Rulles) and more great Belgian brews. Cantillon beers were all between 10-15 euros. Not bad I’d say.

jesperhammer
beers 7481 º places 115 º 09:39 Mon 9/7/2015

Delerium Cafe will be on the list.
Those prices are amazing compared to Danish standards:-)
Thx for your input.

Originally posted by MarcoDL
The place gets a lot of hate, but nevertheless I’d recommend Delirium cafe. Yes, it can be very crowded with annoying tourists that only drink sweet fruit beers. But I’ve had a lot of great beers there for really good prices. E.g. St. Lambvinus, Vigneronne, Abbayes des Rocs Triple Imperiale, great Saisons (Fantome, Glazen Toren, Rulles) and more great Belgian brews. Cantillon beers were all between 10-15 euros. Not bad I’d say.

Maakun
beers 10309 º places 319 º 09:59 Mon 9/7/2015

Last time I was in the Delirium bar area it was not even possible to enter the alley they’re in because it was so full of yelling and puking tourists, so beware and don’t visit in the weekend evenings.

jesperhammer
beers 7481 º places 115 º 00:43 Tue 9/8/2015

Going thursday to sunday so Deliruim could be first stop to avoid puking tourists:-)

Originally posted by Maakun
Last time I was in the Delirium bar area it was not even possible to enter the alley they’re in because it was so full of yelling and puking tourists, so beware and don’t visit in the weekend evenings.