I have a bunch of the polysulfone ones, and Iím not thrilled with them. Problems include:
1. They get harder to insert as they get older.
2. Keg lube helps the insertion problems but breaks down the O-Rings.
3. Silicone O-Rings make things better. As expensive as polysulfone is, why not ship with Silicone? WTF?
4. They break. One sharp pop, and the broken male end is left in the female fitting.
I already have a few Tri-Clover fittings for my fermenter.
1. Almost zero clearance connections, instead of the male/female plug/socket combo.
3. If I buy more Iím standardizing.
Iím also considering Camlocks.
1. Relatively cheap.
1. Back to the male/female plug/socket combo.
Any thoughts? What are you using? What is a good source?
Iím looking at bargainfittings.com
for the Camlocks.