Which retired beers you would like to bring back?

Reads 3578 • Replies 56 • Started Friday, September 2, 2016 5:18:39 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

spacecoyote
07:39 Sat 9/3/2016

Originally posted by MacBoost
Pete’s Wicked Ale

I just went ahead and fixed that one for you.

Also, Hurlimann Samichlaus, Eldridge Pope Royal Oak, and Dubuque Star.

StefanSD
beers 2449 º places 57 º 08:14 Sat 9/3/2016

I could care less about un-retiring any beers, there is too much good shit to drink these days. On the other hand, if we could un-retire a few RB members that have been missing for years, that would pique my interest.

Travlr
beers 33760 º places 4543 º 08:23 Sat 9/3/2016

Originally posted by StefanSD
I could care less about un-retiring any beers, there is too much good shit to drink these days. On the other hand, if we could un-retire a few RB members that have been missing for years, that would pique my interest.

2pac

spacecoyote
08:27 Sat 9/3/2016

Beer is way more interesting than people.

malvrich
beers 930 º places 5 º 08:38 Sat 9/3/2016

Originally posted by spacecoyote

Got that shit right.

StefanSD
beers 2449 º places 57 º 08:38 Sat 9/3/2016

Originally posted by spacecoyote

I’m often accused of being less interesting than the beers I drink.

Nisse666
beers 15292 º places 372 º 09:59 Sat 9/3/2016

Originally posted by CH-303
Närke Kaggen Stormaktsporter

Yeah, Kaggen;)

Ernest
beers 9435 º places 229 º 13:29 Sat 9/3/2016

Originally posted by muzzlehatch
Originally posted by Ernest
Originally posted by muzzlehatch
De Dolle Stille Nacht Reserva 2000, probably the most perfect single tasting I’ve experienced.

This is my answer as well. I fear a new batch would not be as good as the original, though.

You haven’t had any of the later Reservas then?

Whoops, wow, I totally misread/misremembered...the beer I meant was Speciaal Brouwsel (2000). And based on my ratings, I liked Stille Nacht Reserva 2005 a lot more than SNR 2000. My "fear" comment was more about general DDB quality in the past 5-8 years, which has been rather spotty...sometimes great, but often just "pretty good" and sometimes poor. I feel like they used to be more consistent, but these days I rarely find a batch of anything that’s 4+ quality and worth stocking up on...the Stout is always infected/sour, the most recent Oerbier Reserva (2013) was just ok, Dulle Teve is sometimes too syrupy sweet, etc. I still love trying them, and sometimes a batch is fabulous (e.g., 2013 Stille Nacht), but I’m not quite the fanboy I once was.

malvrich
beers 930 º places 5 º 13:56 Sat 9/3/2016

Great Lakes Wright Pils.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 14:23 Sat 9/3/2016

CBS