RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Industry | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Why are you NOT a pro brewer?

read 8421 times • 100 replies • posted 2/11/2012 6:16:34 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

cbfobes 2334:26
Originally posted by CanIHave4Beers
Originally posted by Emilywang
you are right, the family is more important than just do the business, also at the same time, a healthy body, and good relationship with wife and kids, a good friendship with friend are also very important for life

More important than a nice bottling line?

I know of a guy that can hook you up with some sweet machinery to fill bottles up if you want.
3/30/2012 9:33:56 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
drowland 6134:172
Originally posted by cbfobes
you are right, the family is more important than just do the business, also at the same time, a healthy body, and good relationship with wife and kids, a good friendship with friend are also very important for life

I know of a guy that can hook you up with some sweet machinery to fill bottles up if you want.

Guy? Itís a hot asian chick!
3/31/2012 6:18:01 PM

lithy 2996:156
Originally posted by drowland

What? Do you think this is a video game forum or something?
3/31/2012 6:19:12 PM

premium
Originally posted by lithy
Originally posted by drowland

What? Do you think this is a video game forum or something?

Donít even act like you know how many coins it takes to get to the white mushroom house.
3/31/2012 6:38:16 PM

bitbucket 2159:63
Why? Because I donít want to spoil my hobby. To quote one of the pro brewers I know, "People think Iím living the dream, but Iím really living the nightmare."
3/31/2012 7:24:56 PM

Fatboygotswag
Same reason I am not a Pro Bass fisherman.
3/31/2012 7:30:29 PM

premium
Originally posted by Fatboygotswag
Same reason I am not a Pro Bass fisherman.

Which is?
4/11/2012 2:57:50 PM

ryan 3186:13
Originally posted by erway
There is no room in the current climate for either amateurs nor sub-par beer. There is plenty of room for good beer and experienced business people. There is absolutely NO room for amateurs. The 90s and itís climate are long gone.

I agree with the rest of what you said, but this is ridiculous. Do you no longer drink beer from other breweries? Because thereís an enormous amount of amateurist and just plain shitty beer currently being sold. Theyíve just figured out that while making shitty amber/brown/pale ales will cause your brewery to fail, brewing shitty barrel aged imperial stouts and nail polish remover "American sours" = profit.

4/11/2012 7:11:10 PM

premium
Guyute_Pig 102:45
Originally posted by ryan
There is no room in the current climate for either amateurs nor sub-par beer. There is plenty of room for good beer and experienced business people. There is absolutely NO room for amateurs. The 90s and itís climate are long gone.

I agree with the rest of what you said, but this is ridiculous. Do you no longer drink beer from other breweries? Because thereís an enormous amount of amateurist and just plain shitty beer currently being sold. Theyíve just figured out that while making shitty amber/brown/pale ales will cause your brewery to fail, brewing shitty barrel aged imperial stouts and nail polish remover "American sours" = profit.

As a casual observer on the sidewalk, I find most of your comments ridiculous. Carry on...
4/11/2012 7:19:08 PM

premium
Originally posted by ryan

If I ever opened a brewery, I would only sell barrel-aged sour imperial stouts.
4/11/2012 7:21:59 PM

Home > Forums > Industry

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers