RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Industry | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Why are you NOT a pro brewer?

read 8367 times • 100 replies • posted 2/11/2012 6:16:34 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

premium
drowland 6038:172
Originally posted by cheapdark
No matter how much you know about brewing, there is always somebody out there who knows more and is proudly ready to be critical. Beer tasting is so ambiguous with too many self made arrogant experts who know everything about what other people should think about beer. Its anlagous to making the music that everybody likes. Thatís why we have excelent craft beers that do not appeal to the masses of lager lovers. Is beer making for a niche or is beer making for a profit?

Why not both?
2/12/2012 11:52:48 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
cheap 4054:161
A small profit?
2/12/2012 11:53:56 AM

Swillbur 62:25
I know im not going to break into the market selling niche beers. Good solid beers are easy to make and they are the money makers. You need real big time money and balls to go in the route of the bruery or CCB. My plan is to start off with several base beers and work up from there. Ive had beer from "pros" that are horrible and have no idea why they are brewing them still. You need a solid buisness plan and good marketing. You can have a great product but if nobody knows about it your done.
2/12/2012 12:00:21 PM

premium
Originally posted by Swillbur
I know im not going to break into the market selling niche beers. Good solid beers are easy to make and they are the money makers. You need real big time money and balls to go in the route of the bruery or CCB. My plan is to start off with several base beers and work up from there. Ive had beer from "pros" that are horrible and have no idea why they are brewing them still. You need a solid buisness plan and good marketing. You can have a great product but if nobody knows about it your done.

The business end is also scary. Iíd definitely hire someone else to do that shit... if weíre thinking real life, itíd likely be my brother in-law, who knows about that shit, I think.

However, you mentioned CCB. Iím sure they make a SHIT TON of their profits from Jai Alai, Maduro, and the likes. We get some of their limited brews here, but regardless of them, we constantly sell the SHIT out of Jai Alai and Maduro, especially Jai Alai (bottle and tap)... so maybe actually a good example of having good base brews to support everything else.
2/12/2012 12:04:19 PM

premium
cheap 4054:161

Or you can make an excellent beer that everybody knows and then have a self made arrogant bastard slam you along with his friends, that will finish you just as well.
2/12/2012 12:04:33 PM

premium

Or you can make an excellent beer that everybody knows and then have a self made arrogant bastard slam you along with his friends, that will finish you just as well.

Calling BA
2/12/2012 12:08:16 PM

Swillbur 62:25

Not IMO if you do it right. Im planning on making friends with everyone that has anything to do with craft beer in the area. Im only trying to start a brewery in a small local fashion that would support other local buisness as well. Making a solid amount of friends that will support you helps. You need to win over your town with well made beer at a reasonable price if you want to make it. Then if things go well you can branch out and worry about those kinda experts later. Haters are going to hate right?
2/12/2012 12:48:27 PM

premium

Not IMO if you do it right. Im planning on making friends with everyone that has anything to do with craft beer in the area. Im only trying to start a brewery in a small local fashion that would support other local buisness as well. Making a solid amount of friends that will support you helps. You need to win over your town with well made beer at a reasonable price if you want to make it. Then if things go well you can branch out and worry about those kinda experts later. Haters are going to hate right?

Like/+1
2/12/2012 12:57:00 PM

Bilk 16:3
Originally posted by erway
Originally posted by Vertical Bacon Strips
Iím not rich

Brewery owners are rich... Who knew?
They used to be.
2/12/2012 1:02:17 PM

BelgBeerGeek 1298:34
not fully relevant , but iíd love to try making some beers and see how good i am/get at it ...
And if i would get enough good critiques on my beers iíd deffinitly try it and mix it with the job i allready have then.
BUT ... the problem is that i canít brew , i sure heard about books and read some but i need a teacher , iím not focused enough to learn out of books ...
Thatís my main problem ..
2/12/2012 1:09:56 PM

Home > Forums > Industry

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback