RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Industry | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Why do customers do this?

read 7759 times • 78 replies • posted 2/17/2012 6:46:17 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

premium
reggiedunlop 3219:155
Originally posted by obguthr
Take it as a compliment. They believe you are rotating your product, as you should, but they want the freshies in the back. If you arenít diligent with rotating your product, the joke is on them.

Id agree with this. I am guilty of this with milk and other groceries to some degree...i check dates and buy the one that has more time left even if i will finish it before the date of expiration.
2/18/2012 9:57:41 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
fly 1419:224
If this is what I am supposed to do, I will comply.
2/18/2012 10:00:12 AM

kryptic

Guilty.

I started doing it years ago cause I thought it would have less uv exposure. Now, since Iíve been doing it for so many years, its pretty much just a force of habit at this point.
2/18/2012 10:00:30 AM

premium
drowland 6169:172
Milk makes sense... dates of expiration and so on, but with beer? I guess if you want the freshest IPA and all that, it might make sense... but people donít realize that most of our stock came from the same case or at least from the same delivery. I suppose every once in awhile the 2nd six pack happens to be fresher than the first one.

For those who were asking, we fill all of our coolers from the back, so everything is... auto-rotated, I guess.

As for the cold thing... that really boggles my mind... I mean... I just donít get it. Itís going to sit in your car or wherever and get warm on the drive home, right? I donít think the back of the cooler is any colder and the beer is going to warm anyway?
2/18/2012 10:06:04 AM

premium
As for the light exposure... Iím pretty sure most people who shop in a lot of beer stores donít even know that may be an issue.
2/18/2012 10:09:49 AM

premium
cgarvieuk 15170:150
milk is stored in open fridge, so i do tend to go for ones at back there, but other wise tend not to
2/18/2012 10:11:25 AM

BigSound 196:9
My girlfriend dose this with everything. Even fully packaged, plastic wrapped items.
2/18/2012 10:12:32 AM

premium
cgarvieuk 15170:150
Originally posted by Cletus
Originally posted by Fratto
People do this with milk all the time as well. I donít get it.

They have to have those two extra days on the best buy date. Thatís everything!

Yup thats true. I buy for a whole week. and if i dont get the ones with the longest date then its past its bbf before the end of the week.

and unlike most bbf, ive had too many milks turn sour that i want to make sure i have those days
2/18/2012 10:13:05 AM

kryptic
Originally posted by drowland
As for the light exposure... Iím pretty sure most people who shop in a lot of beer stores donít even know that may be an issue.

A lot of beer geeks seem to think that uv light "skunking" beer is some special knowledge that only they possess, when in reality, it is actually pretty common knowledge these days.

Youíd be surprised. A lot more people than you think are probably doing it for the uv reason, not becasue they think there is some magical super cold, bottled yesterday beer back there somewhere.
2/18/2012 10:13:14 AM

premium
Originally posted by kryptic
Originally posted by drowland

A lot of beer geeks seem to think that uv light "skunking" beer is some special knowledge that only they possess, when in reality, it is actually pretty common knowledge these days.

Youíd be surprised. A lot more people than you think are probably doing it for the uv reason, not becasue they think there is some magical super cold, bottled yesterday beer back there somewhere.

My argument in this case is that itís not even an issue, but people will think what they think.
2/18/2012 10:27:28 AM

Home > Forums > Industry

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers