Why is PDX so unfriendly?

Reads 4200 • Replies 65 • Started Friday, December 12, 2014 11:49:21 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

douglas88
admin
beers 13195 º places 398 º 13:53 Fri 12/12/2014

Originally posted by digita7693
Originally posted by beastiefan2k
too busy drinking great beer and eating amazing food, and there is all the awesome coffee, the weekly beer fests, beer dinners, releases, then all that damn beautiful nature, and timbers games, and mairjuana is now legal, and...

that and most people in pdx are on ba and/or tb it seems

that sounds like Washington.

except PDX is better...
it has everything seattle has to offer, but better public transit, better food, better beer, better coffee, cooler nature nearby. the only huge knock on pdx is the lack of diversity

Where I live in Beaverton, it is very diverse. Lots of Intel jobs pull people from Europe and especially Asia. Also, a good deal of Latinos. But you are right about PDX generally. The only downside is that my drive to Hair of the Dog is 15 minutes without traffic but 45 minutes with traffic. The train is pretty solid though.

digita7693
beers 1 º places 7 º 14:06 Fri 12/12/2014

Yeah Max from Beaverton is not bad at all. Even getting to the hops in Hillsboro is super easy:)

CheersMate
beers 1348 º places 189 º 14:25 Fri 12/12/2014

Originally posted by beastiefan2k
too busy drinking great beer and eating amazing food, and there is all the awesome coffee, the weekly beer fests, beer dinners, releases, then all that damn beautiful nature, and timbers games, and mairjuana is now legal, and...

that and most people in pdx are on ba and/or tb it seems

that sounds like Washington.

except PDX is better...
it has everything seattle has to offer, but better public transit, better food, better beer, better coffee, cooler nature nearby and being a bit smaller it is so much easier to get around. the only huge knock on pdx is the lack of diversity

I like seattle, but in the pac nw, for me, its portland, then vancouver and seattle is a distant third.

Ok, I’ll give you everything but the coffee.

How does Portland have better coffee? I will say, though, my favorite coffee shop is Water Avenue, as it is only one block away from Hair of the Dog, and their coffee drinks are fucking delicious!

Despite the above, I still think Seattle does just as well as Portland with Vivace, Lighthouse, Milstead & Co., etc.

digita7693
beers 1 º places 7 º 14:29 Fri 12/12/2014

PDX has Water Avenue, Coava, Heart at the absolute top for roasters, then Stumptown, then the likes of Ristretto,Courier, Sterling.
I dont think Seattle actually comes close in regards to coffee, as much as they want to, it’s just not close. Ill give you Vivace is solid.

bvc
beers 1244 º places 103 º 15:13 Fri 12/12/2014

PDX has Water Avenue, Coava, Heart at the absolute top for roasters, then Stumptown, then the likes of Ristretto,Courier, Sterling.
I dont think Seattle actually comes close in regards to coffee, as much as they want to, it’s just not close. Ill give you Vivace is solid.

I have to agree with you here...Heart is where it is at and the coffee scene as a whole is better than Seattle.

digita7693
beers 1 º places 7 º 15:29 Fri 12/12/2014

Originally posted by bvc

I have to agree with you here...Heart is where it is at and the coffee scene as a whole is better than Seattle.

im so confused lol. you agree, trumpet Heart and then say seattle is better?

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 15:53 Fri 12/12/2014

What was it that that one governor once said? Oh, right. Please, by all means, enjoy your visit, but please DON’T STAY.

But the PNW has always been the most outdoorsy corner of the US, where people simply have other things to do than sit around on the internets.

New to me is this talk of legalized dope. [googles] Holy shit! But...over 21? WTF? Will the feds withhold freeway funding if you drop it to 18 or summat?

bvc
beers 1244 º places 103 º 17:26 Fri 12/12/2014

Originally posted by bvc

im so confused lol. you agree, trumpet Heart and then say seattle is better?

I am saying PDX coffee scene is better than Seattle

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 21:34 Fri 12/12/2014

On my one visit I really liked PDX. The nature thing is hard to believe. We have two mountain ranges here, the sound, and lakes. In the summer every body of water is full of seacrafts. The hiking scene is big and [from the little I’ve seen] beautiful.

I don’t drink coffee and there is good beer everywhere (also lots of bad beer).

Reid
beers 3528 º places 95 º 22:31 Fri 12/12/2014

POrtland is pretty much like Seattle except the Sound..but the Willamette is fun.
Hiking and camping is huge..the same.
Its a PNW thing