RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Why should someone drink and rate now 3 Fonteinen Framboos?

read 6147 times • 93 replies • posted 5/30/2012 5:15:00 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

sarro 122:5
I agree with what MagicDave said.

+ from the reviews there seems to be some bottle variation as well, which is not uncommon at all especially in fruit lambic.

The two times I had Hommage within the same year they were very different beers.
5/30/2012 6:35:38 AM

Private message send the author a private message

robrules 1
Originally posted by JAXSON
Originally posted by Mortlach
I was only reading the suggestions in last ratings.

Thatís why you started a thread ordering people to hold onto their bottles for another 2-3 years?

This is a classic example of the ingnorant single-think that goes on in the beer geek (and homebrew) world.
5/30/2012 6:36:42 AM

premium
Jeppe 2631:84
Originally posted by phredrik
Originally posted by phredrik
Pretty simple: because they can.

I was at Sour & Bitter and it would be foolish of me to not drink, simply because it might get better.

AND it is released to the public, thus the brewer must be of the opinion that the beer is ready to be presented to a large crowd, and heís ready to receive the judgement.

Ready to drink, yes, but after 2-3 years it could become better.

It is already after two years, the beer was bottled in 2010.

I donít see your point. Your statement is that people should not drink and/or rate young lambic and gueuze because they (might) continue to mature for the better? Should they only be drank and rated after 4-5 years in the bottle?

According to last ratings, many users suggested not to drink it and age it for few years.

and how does all these users know? the dont, but they think that, because the hype the aged bottles has gotten, but thats not nesseary the truth then

if you ask armand, fruit lambic shouldnít be aged. there you go.
5/30/2012 6:39:44 AM

premium
GT2 8432:598
Well, I thought 2001 Lou Pepe Framboise was more intense raspberry than the 2004. But could just be batch variation rather than bottle improvement.
5/30/2012 6:41:16 AM

FrumptyDumpty
I solve this by never drinking any of the lambic I have. I just look at it.
5/30/2012 6:41:17 AM

premium
Originally posted by MagicDave6
I had one over the weekend and my thoughts are this. People who havnt liked it, either havnt had enough framboise/framboisenlambic to understand that its perfect for what it should be and that its at perfect drinking age at the moment, or simply dont like the style much.

The beer has been in the bottle for over 6 months and the fruit is starting to diminish already. I cant see why people would think this will get any better for what it is supposed to be. I mean if you want it todie down and become less of a fruit beer, good effort, but what the hell are you then buying a raspberry lambic for then?

tom, this is the most clever post i have read in the forums for quite a while. thanks pal.
5/30/2012 6:41:31 AM

premium
Originally posted by FrumptyDumpty
I solve this by never drinking any of the lambic I have. I just look at it.

take a picture of your lambic, sell the bottle on ebay, and look at the pictures. thats a smarter approach.
5/30/2012 6:43:36 AM

premium
levifunk 12:
why do people keep saying it was bottled in 2010? My bottle says 2011. Am I missing something here?
5/30/2012 6:43:55 AM

premium
Originally posted by levifunk
why do people keep saying it was bottled in 2010? My bottle says 2011. Am I missing something here?

fruited in 2010, bottled in 2011
5/30/2012 6:49:36 AM

premium
levifunk 12:
Originally posted by Jeppe
Originally posted by levifunk

fruited in 2010, bottled in 2011

Which means its 2011.
5/30/2012 6:54:41 AM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ