RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Homebrew | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Wort Chiller stops boil

read 1765 times • 13 replies • posted 1/31/2013 7:32:58 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

premium
decaturstevo 5155:134
Originally posted by gunnar
I used to have the same problem, now I put the worth chiller in a bucket with almost boiling water 5 minutes before usage, problem solved.

I think this is the answer. I have the same condition but never worry much about it. I usually get as much water out of the chiller as possible to reduce the time it takes to come back full boil. Now I will just heat/sanitize it before I drop it in the wort. Glad this question came up. cheerstevo
2/3/2013 4:05:53 PM

Private message send the author a private message

502Che 999:47
Originally posted by TheBeerSommelier
Originally posted by 502F
I had no idea people lut their immuraion chillers during the boild. If it kills the boild putting it in, why not throw it in at flame out? Its lowering the temp of the wort just by puttin it in, so thats constructive at flame out, not so much during the boil.

Because technically, you should boil something for ~15 minutes to sanitize it. Better safe than sorry, I always say.

I do like the Star San idea, but itís just that much more work.

OP - donít sweat it. That 5 mins. wonít hurt anything. RDWHAHB.

Ya, i see the point for sanitizing. I just soaked the chiller in sanitized water. Oh well, to each their own.
2/4/2013 4:30:16 AM

robrules 1
No issues, just add a couple of minutes to the end of your boil if you are concerned the couple of minutes without boil is making a difference in your beer. Consistent is more important than "right".
2/4/2013 1:06:45 PM

Home > Forums > Homebrew

Page 1 | 2

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add