Yorkshire Day

Reads 1503 • Replies 31 • Started Friday, August 1, 2014 2:07:26 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 03:36 Fri 8/1/2014

I try not to venture any further north than Watford.

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 03:43 Fri 8/1/2014

If it so marvellous why have you all left the ’Mother ship’ then?

<*))))))><

I haven’t, I migrated TO Yorkshire!

If it’s outside Yorkshire, it’s not worth bloody visiting...

Originally posted by evilempire

If it so marvellous why have you all left the ’Mother ship’ then?

<*))))))><

I haven’t, I migrated TO Yorkshire!

If it’s outside Yorkshire, it’s not worth bloody visiting...

I see they have turned you into an argumentative and narrow/single minded person already: been there long?

<*))))))><

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 04:01 Fri 8/1/2014

coming up 10 years. I’ve always been like that though, it’s why I got a green card so quickly...

(I’m visiting Notyorkshire tonight btw, visiting the exotic paradise of Crewe...)

Originally posted by evilempire
coming up 10 years. I’ve always been like that though, it’s why I got a green card so quickly...

(I’m visiting Notyorkshire tonight btw, visiting the exotic paradise of Crewe...)

Crewe has some fine pubs: enjoy.

<*))))))><

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 04:09 Fri 8/1/2014

might squeeze in a flying visit to Beerdock, mainly going for Michelle’s do at Offbeat

bizarrely, I used to go to Crewe frequently on my way to Ireland (Albion when Big Al ran it, then the Monkey, then the Borough Arms), I then didn’t go for over a decade, then this will be my second visit in a fortnight! Sadly it would appear what was my favourite kebab house in the country has succumbed in the intervening years...

Don’t know the Albion but have used the Monkey and Borough Arms on many occasions: I especially like the Borough Arms, first time I saw La Chouffe on tap in the UK. Cost me an arm and leg though and that was back over 10 years ago maybe.

<*))))))><

I thought you was from Lancashire

Originally posted by RichTheVillan
I thought you was from Lancashire

The only good thing to come out of Lancashire is the road to Yorkshire, my bluenose friend.

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 05:07 Fri 8/1/2014

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Don’t know the Albion but have used the Monkey and Borough Arms on many occasions: I especially like the Borough Arms, first time I saw La Chouffe on tap in the UK. Cost me an arm and leg though and that was back over 10 years ago maybe.

<*))))))><

Albion is round corner from station... absolute sh1thole now, kids pub (it’s a scream or similar), was top when Al there, he then set up Borough as a brewpub, then moved to Cornwall to set up Coastal