RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Homebrew | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

your most recent homebrew

read 2510 times • 45 replies • posted 11/12/2012 4:56:48 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

mnmike 1031:33
Savagery Stout ABV 7.8%

2 gallon batch

1.25 lbs. pale/chocolate/caramel malt extract
2.25 lbs. hopped crystal/roasted barley malt extract

1 cup brown sugar

8 ounces oak chips soaked in bourbon for 4 months drained and added directly to the primary right away.

Single stage fermentation with simple dry ale yeast for 4 weeks.

Yielded 18 12 oz. bottles and 2 22 ounce bottles. Bottle conditioned with white sugar.
11/27/2012 6:21:02 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
NobleSquirrel 3437:209
Originally posted by adamjackson
Crap. Are we supposed to post our entire recipes? Too much work. Finally switched to all-grain about 2 months ago.

Wednesday, I brewed a Belgian Wit with Blood oranges. Friday, I brewed a Chimay yellow label clone with chimay yeast and on Monday, I brewed an Imperial Stout. OG was 1.095..with this yeast, it should come in around 12.5-13% ABV. No idea what additions to add...coffee? bourbon soaked chips? IDK. Tonight, i brewed a honey hefeweizen and will probably add blueberries to the primary in 2-3 weeks.

I have some Brett strains from wyeast that were nearly expired at the homebrew store. Probably going to do a Boulevard Saison Brett Clone with those in 2 weeks.

My all Citra IPA that I kegged 2 months ago is starting to grow stale so Iíll brew another galaxy 8% DIPA sometime in December.

Um..thatís all

http://adam-jackson.net/beer/homebrewing-lovely-lively-full-fermenters/

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/531124_10150976634438078_979060240_n.jpg

The carboy above with that sexy pellicle is a berliner weisse that just got a ruhubarb and strawberry addition 2 weeks ago. Should be ready to go soon.

Just to discuss, honey wonít add sweetness. As to the Berliner, that beer should turn around much faster than what youíre projecting.
11/27/2012 6:46:30 PM

premium
AdamJackson 2542:186
Youíre right about the honey. Did a honey porter w/ orange zest in September. True and a waste of money but it doesnít thin the mouthfeel out like table sugar, right? I was going for an increased OG without loosing too much texture.

The Weisse was brewed i September...didnít see a pellicle until mid-October and then added the fruit. I was planning on racking it around Christmas. Sooner?

I guess an FG reading / taste test should answer that question. What do you think should be the time frame?
11/27/2012 6:57:55 PM

premium
NobleSquirrel 3437:209
Originally posted by adamjackson
Youíre right about the honey. Did a honey porter w/ orange zest in September. True and a waste of money but it doesnít thin the mouthfeel out like table sugar, right? I was going for an increased OG without loosing too much texture.

The Weisse was brewed i September...didnít see a pellicle until mid-October and then added the fruit. I was planning on racking it around Christmas. Sooner?

I guess an FG reading / taste test should answer that question. What do you think should be the time frame?

Lacto doesnít always throw a pellicle. It takes time because over time it will create a barrier against oxygen. If it is throwing CO2, the pellicle is less likely to form due to the CO2 concentration.
11/27/2012 7:56:16 PM

stakem 2:
Apple Brandy Barrel Table Saison

70% pils
20% wheat
10% mix of caraamber and belgian aromatic

25 ibus from galaxy hop additions @ 60, 30, 10
White labs Belgian Saison III

4% abv, 6 srm
100% fermented in used apple brandy barrel from finger lakes distillery, new york
11/28/2012 5:34:02 AM

Home > Forums > Homebrew

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add