RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Industry | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Your opinions please

read 4657 times • 53 replies • posted 7/27/2012 6:07:04 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

fletche00
I currenty manage a Liquor Store. Besides organizing beers by regions, and placing shelf talkers under most beers, in your opinions, what do you like to see when shopping the beer aisle? What also makes it easier for you to shop (ex. Appearance, Organization, etc.) I have criteria I do have to follow, but I would like to hear from the community to see what I can do to improve my beer section to make it much easier for the consumer to shop in. Thanks for you input everybody

-Zach
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
spacecoyote
Visible prices.

7/27/2012 6:15:36 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
RABinCO 1399:87
Originally posted by spacecoyote
Visible prices.

^this. Iím socially awkward and will walk out empty handed before asking for a price check.
7/27/2012 6:20:18 AM

premium
MacBoost 1399:23
No dusty bottles
7/27/2012 6:22:26 AM

premium
madvike 2847:3
Most of the beer stores I frequent in WI put all the WI beers together by brewery, all the rest of the US beers together by brewery, and all imports by brewery. I like that.

I like mix six sections, and I like shops that give a discount for buying six or more higher-priced single bottles.

I would LOVE a store that allowed you to break any six pack and buy by the bottle. When I went to Grand Rapids, Sicilianoís did this and I thought I was in heaven.
7/27/2012 6:34:43 AM

Rosebud butternuts 2396:36
organized by brewers in alphabetical order.
7/27/2012 6:41:43 AM

fletche00
Originally posted by madvike
Most of the beer stores I frequent in WI put all the WI beers together by brewery, all the rest of the US beers together by brewery, and all imports by brewery. I like that.

I like mix six sections, and I like shops that give a discount for buying six or more higher-priced single bottles.

I would LOVE a store that allowed you to break any six pack and buy by the bottle. When I went to Grand Rapids, Sicilianoís did this and I thought I was in heaven.

Working on a way to do make your own 6packs, the problem is getting the pricing accurate for the cost. What do have everything organized by country and brewery, and everything is priced properly as well. I even have tags that designate which state/country the beers in front of you are from.
7/27/2012 6:43:29 AM

ktaylor570 1
^^ Agree. We have a store here that has 1100 different beers (so they claim) and have them organized by style. That is frustrating as hell. If I know I want something from Founders and donít know too much about the beer, I have to ask someone. If all Founderís were together, I could just find it and move on.
7/27/2012 6:43:49 AM

fletche00
Originally posted by ericandersnavy

Funny, I suppose you want me to put the Budweiser 24 pack cans right next to the front door also?
7/27/2012 6:44:41 AM

premium
HogTownHarry 6129:28
Originally posted by BlackIPA
No dusty bottles

+1
7/27/2012 6:46:15 AM

Rosebud butternuts 2396:36
Originally posted by fletche00
Originally posted by ericandersnavy

Funny, I suppose you want me to put the Budweiser 24 pack cans right next to the front door also?

BMC does not count. They usually have their own doors.
7/27/2012 6:51:47 AM

Home > Forums > Industry

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers