Your opinions please

Reads 6473 • Replies 53 • Started Friday, July 27, 2012 6:07:04 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

fletche00
06:07 Fri 7/27/2012

I currenty manage a Liquor Store. Besides organizing beers by regions, and placing shelf talkers under most beers, in your opinions, what do you like to see when shopping the beer aisle? What also makes it easier for you to shop (ex. Appearance, Organization, etc.) I have criteria I do have to follow, but I would like to hear from the community to see what I can do to improve my beer section to make it much easier for the consumer to shop in. Thanks for you input everybody

-Zach

spacecoyote
06:15 Fri 7/27/2012

Visible prices.

RABinCO
beers 1511 º places 103 º 06:20 Fri 7/27/2012

Originally posted by spacecoyote
Visible prices.

^this. I’m socially awkward and will walk out empty handed before asking for a price check.

MacBoost
beers 2074 º places 37 º 06:22 Fri 7/27/2012

No dusty bottles

madvike
beers 3357 º places 3 º 06:34 Fri 7/27/2012

Most of the beer stores I frequent in WI put all the WI beers together by brewery, all the rest of the US beers together by brewery, and all imports by brewery. I like that.

I like mix six sections, and I like shops that give a discount for buying six or more higher-priced single bottles.

I would LOVE a store that allowed you to break any six pack and buy by the bottle. When I went to Grand Rapids, Siciliano’s did this and I thought I was in heaven.

organized by brewers in alphabetical order.

fletche00
06:43 Fri 7/27/2012

Originally posted by madvike
Most of the beer stores I frequent in WI put all the WI beers together by brewery, all the rest of the US beers together by brewery, and all imports by brewery. I like that.

I like mix six sections, and I like shops that give a discount for buying six or more higher-priced single bottles.

I would LOVE a store that allowed you to break any six pack and buy by the bottle. When I went to Grand Rapids, Siciliano’s did this and I thought I was in heaven.

Working on a way to do make your own 6packs, the problem is getting the pricing accurate for the cost. What do have everything organized by country and brewery, and everything is priced properly as well. I even have tags that designate which state/country the beers in front of you are from.

ktaylor570
places 1 º 06:43 Fri 7/27/2012

^^ Agree. We have a store here that has 1100 different beers (so they claim) and have them organized by style. That is frustrating as hell. If I know I want something from Founders and don’t know too much about the beer, I have to ask someone. If all Founder’s were together, I could just find it and move on.

fletche00
06:44 Fri 7/27/2012

Originally posted by ericandersnavy

Funny, I suppose you want me to put the Budweiser 24 pack cans right next to the front door also?

HogTownHarry
beers 9241 º places 28 º 06:46 Fri 7/27/2012

Originally posted by BlackIPA
No dusty bottles

+1

Originally posted by fletche00
Originally posted by ericandersnavy

Funny, I suppose you want me to put the Budweiser 24 pack cans right next to the front door also?

BMC does not count. They usually have their own doors.