Your prized bottle opener?

Reads 4391 • Replies 55 • Started Thursday, October 20, 2016 2:10:39 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

BREWMUSKCLES
beers 3221 º places 140 º 11:07 Sun 10/23/2016

the flat head screwdriver, and a pair of pliers. i went to those 2 for decades and still occasionally. now i have an opener on my key chain that’s a good one too.

cheap
beers 8841 º places 327 º 15:23 Sun 10/23/2016

In the garage, open stud walls, my dad had a 16 or 20 penny nail pounded in and bent over. I was young & intrigued - LOOKED LIKE FUN! Was there for at least 2 decades.

Happy2beerHERE
09:38 Mon 10/24/2016

Originally posted by blipp
This design isn’t really anything new... we had one in college like a decade ago. You can also buy them on Amazon -- https://www.amazon.com/DropCatch-Magnetic-Bottle-Catcher-Porter/dp/B00I2XJLHA

Why does that guy (definitely not you, I assume) need a Kickstarted to screw a $10 wall mounted bottle opener to a piece of wood?

Thanks for sharing!

Not sure, but he’s raised $6,500... I don’t get mine if he doesn’t get to $7500. Might have the get the wooden one you shared if he doesn’t.

Happy2beerHERE
09:40 Mon 10/24/2016

Originally posted by DuffMan
My two favourites are an old railway spike and my Ratebeer opener-- both of them remove caps without any bends or scratches. I have a wall painted with magnetic paint and I turn all my caps into magnets to display on the wall. I have a couple thousand different caps at this point, so it’s looking pretty cool

Can you send a picture of the wall? Sounds awesome!