RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Yuengling in Texas???

read 12276 times • 19 replies • posted 10/31/2009 11:09:27 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

SphinxTX 2876:41
I was trying to find our local forum but this new set up throws me off and I can not find. I had a customer come in today asking if I had Yuengling and I told him not available in Texas yet. He swore up and down that bhe could get it down the street. He said it was the only store he could find it at. I said he must be mistaken and he claimed he was from the east coast and has been drinking it for years and he knows what he talks about. After he left I called that store, and first off, the guy that answered the phone in the Beer department never even has heard of Yuengling and after I spelled it for him he did not locate it. Have any of the Dallas guys hear of it being around or a rumor? The guy at my store today was pretty sure of himself and I see no reason for him to lie unless he just liked to screw with people for 20 min. in a conversation about it....If this is the case, I am pissed!
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
RCL 2030:7
Dude, Yuengling has been in Texas forever. It’s what everyone drinks to wash down their barbecued jackalopes.
11/1/2009 12:34:20 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
whaleman 2178:25
11/1/2009 7:08:53 AM

Originally posted by RCL
Dude, Yuengling has been in Texas forever. Itís what everyone drinks to wash down their barbecued jackalopes.

11/1/2009 8:15:26 AM

Originally posted by whaleman
http://www.yuengling.com/distrib.htm

I checked that out as well.....Just trying to figure out why I am being jacked with by someone I don’t know.
11/1/2009 8:16:03 AM

premium
legion242 2163:115
Been rumored tobe coming for years, but he was either screwing with you, or is just plain stoopid.
11/1/2009 8:54:24 AM

Cavie 3754:80
Only way I got any was from Fratto’s package............that was sent to him by some northern folk.
11/1/2009 8:57:01 AM

shawn14505 39:
Just make a quick drive over to Alabama, pick up a few cases and put it on your shelves. Charge double for it and call it a "craft" beer. People will buy it.
11/1/2009 4:20:31 PM

premium
Originally posted by shawn14505
Just make a quick drive over to Alabama, pick up a few cases and put it on your shelves. Charge double for it and call it a "craft" beer. People will buy it.

That didn’t happen in this case, knowing the area retailers, but damn if that is not a great, but not pratical, idea.
11/1/2009 4:39:14 PM

premium
Originally posted by legion242
Originally posted by shawn14505

That didnít happen in this case, knowing the area retailers, but damn if that is not a great, but not pratical, idea.

"practical"
11/1/2009 4:39:43 PM

premium
pepsican 1440:46
I’ve had people swear up and down that someone in Iowa has it as well. They don’t. People can’t quite grasp distribution. Just because uncle frank had a keg at the family reunion does not mean that it’s available at stores.
11/1/2009 4:48:36 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers