Zwane 2016 Sites Announced

Reads 5597 • Replies 57 • Started Wednesday, August 10, 2016 9:50:55 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 11:45 Wed 8/10/2016

Originally posted by AdamChandler
Originally posted by t0rin0
Why did Trillium get it? They don’t brew Belgian ales very well. Other than that, solid list and some alternatives if I can’t get a ticket to HF’s event.

Some of those places don’t brew beer at all. Who cares? Its just a place that people can swarm to and kill a keg of Cantillon

Of the breweries selected, Jester King, Hill Farmstead, Russian River and Crooked Stave make a ton of sense. DDC is also good. I just think Trillium is out of place (among the brewers picked). Lord Hobo would have been a better choice. At least they serve Belgian beers.

I’d say Trillium @ Zwanze instead of Lord Hobo would be like Tired Hands being picked over Monk’s Cafe.

This sounds like complaining for the sake of complaining. They are picking popular bars that they know their fans will run to. And there’s plenty of brewers on that list that don’t do much (if anything) resembling lambic.

3fourths
beers 9492 º places 1576 º 11:58 Wed 8/10/2016

Crooked Stave make a ton of sense.

oh that’s cute. remind us again you’re a champion of good taste.

mkgrenwel
beers 619 º places 117 º 12:08 Wed 8/10/2016

Why did Trillium get it? They don’t brew Belgian ales very well. Other than that, solid list and some alternatives if I can’t get a ticket to HF’s event.

Some of those places don’t brew beer at all. Who cares? Its just a place that people can swarm to and kill a keg of Cantillon

Of the breweries selected, Jester King, Hill Farmstead, Russian River and Crooked Stave make a ton of sense. DDC is also good. I just think Trillium is out of place (among the brewers picked). Lord Hobo would have been a better choice. At least they serve Belgian beers.

I’d say Trillium @ Zwanze instead of Lord Hobo would be like Tired Hands being picked over Monk’s Cafe.

This sounds like complaining for the sake of complaining. They are picking popular bars that they know their fans will run to. And there’s plenty of brewers on that list that don’t do much (if anything) resembling lambic.

It’s such a pointless, toothless nitpick that I’m not sure it can even be considered a complaint. It comes off more as a scramble for something to say in the thread, so anyone keeping score knows who’s hip to the lambic scene.

Dunt
beers 321 º 12:18 Wed 8/10/2016

You should write a 1500 word blog post about it.

blipp
beers 14843 º places 219 º 12:20 Wed 8/10/2016

I’ll try to go to the Bagby event even though lambic is basically for neckbeard losers.

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 12:32 Wed 8/10/2016

Originally posted by Dunt

You should write a 1500 word blog post about it.

you’d be the first to read it. Tell the Facebook guys I said hi.

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 12:33 Wed 8/10/2016

Originally posted by 3fourths
Crooked Stave make a ton of sense.

oh that’s cute. remind us again you’re a champion of good taste.

I like Crooked Stave beers, had a 2014 Passion Fruit sour last night and it was nice.

But more than that, Chad is not only the owner of a brewery but also a distributor for Shelton brothers (or was). It makes sense that Crooked stave has been picked the last few years. I don’t really know what Trillium has to do with Cantillon or Shelton.

douglas88
admin
beers 13196 º places 398 º 12:38 Wed 8/10/2016

De Garde is great, but man is it in the middle of nowhere. Putting Zwanze there guarantees a busy as hell insane event there. Sad because at Apex all these years it was easily the most chill Zwanze event in the world. No lines, no craziness, just amazing beer.

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 12:58 Wed 8/10/2016

So, they decided to do it on my birthday, how sweet!
But I bet Jester King will be a cluster fuck as usual. Fun, but still a mess.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 13:14 Wed 8/10/2016

I’m personally outraged (OUTRAGED!) that it’s not being held at the most convenient location possible for me at which there will be no line or crowds.