Mikkeller at Blind Tiger

Reads 2923 • Replies 25 • Started Monday, May 17, 2010 7:02:19 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen
 
JoeMcPhee
beers 11702 º places 543 º 07:02 Mon 5/17/2010

Looks like a good list - I think that Eugene is in town too, would definitely be a good spot for a meet-up.

Dear Tigerites,

We were lucky enough to experience one of Mikkeller’s beers (his IPA) through the looking glass - the Single Hop Event, for those of you that have already forgotten. Now it is time to experience a special array of Mikkeller’s beers with the man himself. Now if a cross Atlantic flight isn’t special, well...I don’t know what is....

This Wednesday, May 19th, at 4:00PM the Blind Tiger is very proud to be hosting the Full Mikkeller Event... This will be a very cool craft beer experience.

The List:
- Stateside IPA (american-style IPA)
- Jackie Brown (hoppy brown)
- Black Hole (imperial stout)
- Hoppy Easter (German-style IPA)
- Drink’in the Sun (american-style summer)
- Big Worse Barley-wine
- Ten IPA (brewed with all of the hops from the single hop series!!!)
- Chipotle Porter
- Beer Geek Brunch Weasel (imperial oatmeal coffee stout with civet
coffee)
Plus a hand-full of Mikkeller’s Single Hopped IPAs that seemed to have been house favorites (Amarillo, Nelson Sauvin, and Simcoe to name a few).

Beer Geek Brunch, is all I have to say...
Alan

 
beastiefan2k
beers 4726 º places 280 º 08:57 Mon 5/17/2010

Originally posted by JoeMcPhee
Looks like a good list - I think that Eugene is in town too, would definitely be a good spot for a meet-up.

Dear Tigerites,

We were lucky enough to experience one of Mikkeller’s beers (his IPA) through the looking glass - the Single Hop Event, for those of you that have already forgotten. Now it is time to experience a special array of Mikkeller’s beers with the man himself. Now if a cross Atlantic flight isn’t special, well...I don’t know what is....

This Wednesday, May 19th, at 4:00PM the Blind Tiger is very proud to be hosting the Full Mikkeller Event... This will be a very cool craft beer experience.

The List:
- Stateside IPA (american-style IPA)
- Jackie Brown (hoppy brown)
- Black Hole (imperial stout)
- Hoppy Easter (German-style IPA)
- Drink’in the Sun (american-style summer)
- Big Worse Barley-wine
- Ten IPA (brewed with all of the hops from the single hop series!!!)
- Chipotle Porter
- Beer Geek Brunch Weasel (imperial oatmeal coffee stout with civet
coffee)
Plus a hand-full of Mikkeller’s Single Hopped IPAs that seemed to have been house favorites (Amarillo, Nelson Sauvin, and Simcoe to name a few).

Beer Geek Brunch, is all I have to say...
Alan

if folks are interested in this event I would definitely love to meet up with anyone available this evening. Or any other weekday evening if something better is happening.

Other events:
http://www.gingerman-ny.com/content/view/74/36/
http://www.beermenus.com/events/sph-keller-pils-release

 
zdk
beers 1917 º places 96 º 09:54 Mon 5/17/2010

I’ll be at this one, most likely

 
MaxxDaddy
beers 415 º places 32 º 09:59 Mon 5/17/2010

I’ll be there I think.

 
Dickinsonbeer
beers 5073 º places 31 º 15:17 Mon 5/17/2010

Originally posted by MaxxDaddy
I’ll be there I think.


Ok forget my place- Ill meet some people here at BT Wednesday. What time works for you guys? I can get there whenever.

 
MaxxDaddy
beers 415 º places 32 º 15:52 Mon 5/17/2010

I’ll be there around 6:00.

 
Dickinsonbeer
beers 5073 º places 31 º 15:56 Mon 5/17/2010

Originally posted by MaxxDaddy
I’ll be there around 6:00.


I can try to get there a bit earlier to snag a table if possible.

Also I have a new Sticke Alt that maybe Ill bring to share. It would go perfectly in those little half glasses that they serve some beers in- looks kinda like my .2 liter Uerige glass.

 
beastiefan2k
beers 4726 º places 280 º 06:50 Tue 5/18/2010

Originally posted by Dickinsonbeer
Originally posted by MaxxDaddy
I’ll be there around 6:00.


I can try to get there a bit earlier to snag a table if possible.

Also I have a new Sticke Alt that maybe Ill bring to share. It would go perfectly in those little half glasses that they serve some beers in- looks kinda like my .2 liter Uerige glass.

hey Paul, I can get there earlier as well, what time you thinking?

 
PilsnerPeter
beers 3070 º places 100 º 06:57 Tue 5/18/2010

Wow, I wanna try that SH Keller Pils.

 
JoeMcPhee
beers 11702 º places 543 º 07:43 Tue 5/18/2010

Originally posted by PilsnerPeter
Wow, I wanna try that SH Keller Pils.

Bill talked to them at the brewery... it was just a hop change from the previous Publick House release so I merged them.

 
beastiefan2k
beers 4726 º places 280 º 08:22 Tue 5/18/2010

Originally posted by JoeMcPhee
Originally posted by PilsnerPeter
Wow, I wanna try that SH Keller Pils.

Bill talked to them at the brewery... it was just a hop change from the previous Publick House release so I merged them.

these are the new 6 packs right?
http://beernews.org/2010/03/southampton-keller-pils-debuts-this-may/