Formerly brewed at Munkbo Ångbryggeri
Style: Flavored - Other
Smedjebacken, Sweden

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 2.17/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.34/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
Very strong ale with glögg spices.

• Locate Sellers

Most RecentTicked By

Jeppe (2634) - Brooklyn, Alabama, USA - DEC 1, 2004
Tasted warm. Dark brown colored with no head. Very spicy aroma. Clove, orange and other christmas aromas. Rather alcoholic. Flavor is sweet, full and heavy. Notes of spices, honey and raisins and a warming tone of alcohol. Too sweet and cloying and not much beer about it, more like gløgg [mulled wine containing raisins and almonds]. Still very different and fun to try!

omhper (28410) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - JAN 25, 2002
Nut brown and cloudy. Nice, spicy glögg- (~Swedish glühwein) aroma. Extremely sticky sweet. Cane sugar flavour. The finish is so sweet it glues your tongue to your mouth. Glögg is not supposed to be this sweet. The sadly closed microbrewery Nordsjö Gårdsbryggeri did a much better version of this pseudo-style a few years ago. But, still, it was not as bad as I remembered it when I first tried it.

Oakes (22350) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 20, 2001
When Bov 'Samiclaus is balanced' Corbat talks about a beer being too sweet, that's just not a good sign. Per Samuelsson also told me this beer was awful. But, and I think this is the X factor here, I'm a big glogg drinker. I've been addicted to this stuff every winter since I lived in Finland. This has a cloudy red-amber colour and an insane aroma - alcohol, glogg spices (especially cinnamon), egg nog (i shit you not)- this is beer? Served cold, this is very sweet, but quite smooth (no carbonation), not at all cloying. It is very spicy. Not a lot of beer character, but I'm liking it. Of course, glogg is not meant to be consumed cold, so it's off to the nuker I go. Considering that this doesn't even have cherries in it, it really does hit the nose like Quelque Chose or Liefmans Gluhkriek - spices, alcohol and a hint of cherry. Still sweet, kind of sugary, still tastes like glogg, and I'm still likin' it.

0.8
Bov (14988) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - DEC 17, 2001
This is supposed to be a glühbeer and I always like to test those kind of beers first cold and then hot. The colour is red-amber. While cold, it has absolutely no foam, a very deep and complex (which does not mean: good) aroma (clove, cinnamon, perfumy, liquorice), it is really incredibly sweet, it's also, heavy and slightly oily; should I mention disgusting ? Getting it warm, gives it a fine head, the temperature also reduces the complexity of the nose, it remaind a deep clove aroma, the sweetness is still not human - this beer would kill a diabetic in 3 seconds ... and the others in not much more time - this is my 7th worst beer ever tasted