overall
Brewed by Alus Darbnīca Labietis
Style: Imperial Stout
Riga, Latvia

RATINGS: 88   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.52/5   IBU: 48   EST. CALORIES: 297   ABV: 9.9%
Tumšs un aromātisks stiprais alus. Reibinošo baudījumu garantē augstais alkohola saturs, kā arī sirsnīgi pievienotie pelašķi un Citra apiņi gan vārīšanas laikā, gan kaķī. Sarežģīta grauzdēto iesalu buķete sniedz alum vien pret gaismu saredzamu, dziLi sarkanu krāsu un garšas līdzsvaru. Lietot ar mēru. EBC 83.

"The Yarrow Devil"
Dark, aromatic and highly inebriating beer made from selected roasted malts, boled and severely dryhopped with Citra hops and yarrow. Enjoy responsibly.

Can also be IBU 47 and 8,8% abv.

tanel025 (204) - ESTONIA - OCT 15, 2017
Tap @ Pühaste Õllepidu 2017. Dark brown beer with beige head. Aroma is malt, coffee, alcohol. Taste is roasted malt, caramel, alcohol. Sour, medium sweet, low bitterness. Very good brew.

Bov (13221) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - OCT 6, 2017
[email protected] Alehouse - black beer with notes of black chocolate, slightly roasted with notes of licorice and prunes; thick, a solid malt sweetness, late respectable bitterness; residual sugars, chocolate, licorice and black cherries in the finish

vastervikman (63) - Vastervik, SWEDEN - OCT 2, 2017
Yarrow it is. In all it's horror.This is love or hate beer. For me this bottle is way too big, way to big I think 100 ml would be just fine. Dark malts silky mouthfeel that part is good, but the good bits are destroid with herbs I,m afraid.

Nisse666 (7789) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - SEP 30, 2017
Bottle from web SB cons 2017-09-30 Göteborg AR: roasted malt, ink from a fat octopus 🐙 AP: dark brown, high frothy steady cream dirty brown fluff F: rich carbonated, warming feeling roasted malt, herbal - cloves?, yarrow (people was treated against hemorrhoids in the old days drinking yarrow Tea)

Bewnhur (12) - SWEDEN - SEP 29, 2017
Strong taste of herbs and dark malts. After taste is rich with coffee and booze.

EerieDrinks (272) - Malm�, SWEDEN - SEP 25, 2017
3 finger dense, light tan head. Pitch black beer.

Aroma smoked charcuterie, mint, lactose, liquorice root and hint of fresh yeast. Also a herbal note that I would assume is the Yarrow, but can't be sure since I've never seen nor smelled it in my life. It makes me shiver, in a bad way.

Taste is mint, floral , cough medicine and a bunch of peppery & spicy herbs in a messy blend with no hops or distinguishable malts in sight.

Mouthfeel is quite smooth and rich. The best thing about this beer.

Overall: This is an historic moment for me. My first drainpour. Atleast when it comes to craft beer. Now, this isn't necessarily a horrible beer but it just manages to include almost every single thing I can't stand in a beer. Herbs, 'medicine' aromas and other diverse spices. I wasn't warned before I bought it, otherwise I never would have wasted my money on something I know I hate. Had to search other beers from this brewery and they seem to all contain herbs and whatnot, guess I'll simply be avoiding these guys from now on.

OminouSC2 (845)
- Mora, SWEDEN - SEP 19, 2017
Dark brown color, large brown head. Aromas of herbs, spices, earth, roasted malt and slight hops. Medium bitter taste with herbs, earth, roasted malt, licorice and slight coffee.

omhper (25565) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - SEP 14, 2017
Bottled, from Systembolaget. Pitch black, rocky head. Interesting herbal aroma with licorice and lavender. Mid sweet with full body and dense, rounded mouthfeel. Dark chocolate, tar and medicinal herbs. Warming finish. Rich, harmonious and interesting.

cglans (305) - - SEP 14, 2017
50cl bottle. 9.9% ABV. 47 IBU. dark black color. medium to big beige head. hops, roasted malts, coffee, chocolate, yeast, herbal notes. medium bitterness. low to medium carbonation. decent.

Juks (950) - Tallinn, ESTONIA - SEP 9, 2017
Tap at Pühaste Õllepidu. Dark brown colour, small golden beige head. Aroma of cocoa, coffee, chocolate, hops. Taste is roasty, chocolatey, hoppy. Medium to full bodied. Nice hoppy stout, I like it!