overall
Brewed by Brauerei Aying
Style: Oktoberfest / Märzen
Aying, Germany
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 1519   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.6/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Ayinger Oktober Fest Märzen has a deep golden color tinted with amber. It is lightly sweet with a malty nose balanced with floral hops. Its medium to big body and alcohol is not overpowering. The soft dryness comes from long maturation.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

azzurro (782) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 14, 2018
Part of the LCBO Autumn 2018 Beer Program, I asked my local LCBO to send me one or a few down from Toronto, I ended up with a case. :) I gave one to each of my baseball colleagues yesterday, when playing in October... A good beer, nice balanced taste, somewhat spicy, in the line of the amber/scotch ale with a faint bock twist.

LagerExports30 (4) - - OCT 13, 2018 does not count
UPDATED: OCT 13, 2018 The pour is clean with a few bubbles among the light amber color and a slightly off-white, thick head that gathers on top without much lacing. The aroma is sweet, with a hint of sour. The feel is lightly carbonated and very light. We finally get a to the flavor and it's incredible smooth with a slightly malty taste kicking in towards the end just to remind you that it's a Märzen. I find it very smooth to drink and favorable among lighter beer drinkers, but it's not for me. I feel like it needs more texture and flavors. Considering its above average price, I'm very dissapointed.

BenDover (257) - League City, Texas, USA - OCT 12, 2018
Pours a clear amber with a half inch of dense white foam. Aroma is bready, malty, and grassy. Taste is sweet and grassy but with a bit of coppery bitterness. Great stuff.

CraftBeerNick (3647) - Wokingham, Berkshire, ENGLAND - OCT 11, 2018
Tap at the brew pub in Munich in a proper glass tankard. 11th October 18. Pours a light chestnut brown, nice big head. Aroma is light aromatic, caramel. Taste is full on, malty, sweet and bitter, light caramel. Well made for sure, don't think i could drink steins of it at a beer hall though .

trapped (4565) - New York, TURKEY - OCT 11, 2018
Bottle, from City Hops. Pours clear light amber with large foamy off-white head, faint caramel malt aroma, high carbonation, well balanced lightly caramelized malt taste, smooth body, longish finish. A great example of the genre.

Daboch (433) - Gdansk, POLAND - OCT 8, 2018
Bursztynowe piwo z ładną białą pianą. Aromat słodowy, karmelu, zboża, przyjemny. Smak słodowy, owocowy, lekki posmak karmelu. Gładkie, aksamitne piwo. Najlepszy oktoberfest jaki piłem

AleReports13 (5) - - OCT 5, 2018 does not count
Bomber poured into stein. No lacing. Medium carbonation. Smooth and malty. I’m not much of a Märzen fan but this is a very good one. My go to Oktoberfest as of now!!

17Beer (637) - Connecticut, USA - SEP 29, 2018
12 oz bottle. Scents of malt and some fruit. Pours a toasted golden honey with a big white tight bubble head. Good lacing. Malty tastes with leather and rye bread notes. Short slightly bitter finish. Lively carbonation. Slightly sticky mouthfeel. Ayinger is always good.

Hiero (217) - Dallas, Texas, USA - SEP 29, 2018
Marzen is not my favorite style, but I did like this one. Very subdued, refreshing flavor, similar to an amber beer. I'm not a big fan of very sweet malt and bread flavor of most marzen beers, so I do appreciate this take on it.

dysenteri (394) - Gothenburg, SWEDEN - SEP 28, 2018
Tap at man in the moon. Amberish color, clear. Bread, malty, honey. Very much a märzen. Good.