overall
Brewed by Thornbridge
Style: Sour / Wild Ale
Ashford in the Water, England
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 228   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.37/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our Bakewell Sour brewed in collaboration with Wild Beer Co. pours a golden yellow colour with a white head, the beer is refreshingly tart and dry with a combination of citrusy hops and flavours of grapefruit and bitter lemon.

The name Tart is inspired by the Bakewell delicacy where we are based and accurately describes the flavour of the beer in a single word.

Hops: Galaxy

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

mabuzzer (1155) - Hamilton, SCOTLAND - OCT 12, 2018
330ml bottle. Clear golden with a moderate white head. Tart nose, taste is similarly tart, over a biscuit malt base. I expected more cherry, but I'm not disappointed it's not there

HerrBierkoenig (2011) - Bratislava, SLOVAK REPUBLIC - SEP 19, 2018
UPDATED: SEP 19, 2018 From tap at Salon Piva, Bratislava, Pours crystal clear pale liquid, small white frothy head, Aroma: lacto sour, fruity, gooseberry, cucumber, lime, Taste: light to medium sweet, light to no bitter, medium sour, tart, lacto sour, cucumber, lime, fruity, Palate: light body, average carbonation, slick mouthfeel, long tart aftertaste, Overall: extremely good, enjoyed.

DejanSt (943) - Trencin, SLOVAK REPUBLIC - SEP 19, 2018
Salon piva september 2018. Vona jemne chmelova. Farba bledomedova. Chut brutalnekysla.

Jingis (1143) - Bratislava, SLOVAK REPUBLIC - SEP 19, 2018
Na salóne piva september 2018. Vona: jemná kyslosť trochu citrus Farba:zlatista Chut:výrazne kyslasta ovocna

lkowalkowski (871) - POLAND - SEP 12, 2018
Złotej barwy, klarowne. Piana obfita, szybko znika. W aromacie kwiaty, owoce. Sporo cytrusów, grapefruit. W smaku kwaśne, z delikatnym goryczkowym posmakiem.

PubTeam17 (1) - - SEP 3, 2018 does not count
UPDATED: SEP 4, 2018 The first time I had this I was unprepared for the taste sensation, not realising it was a sour beer. And as a result my first experience of this beer was unsatisfactory, expecting, perhaps wanting, something different. This time I was prepared, and allowed its remarkable tartness to combine with me, rather than fight against me. Allow yourself to embrace it, and it will happily embrace you back.

CaskMaestro21 (1) - - SEP 2, 2018 does not count
UPDATED: SEP 2, 2018 Love this drink. I'd never tried sour beers until a few weeks ago. I went to the States and my brother in law introduced me to them. Was happy to find some in the UK. Yeah I'm slow to the mark. But I think this drink is spot on. Love the grapefruit kick to it. Will definitely buy more

jarvo (221) - Abingdon, Oxfordshire, ENGLAND - AUG 26, 2018
Pours light yellow with a modest head; aroma is lemony. Taste lives up to the name - dominated by lemon but with some grapefruit. Refreshing if not complex.

clongeron (38) - - AUG 24, 2018
UPDATED: AUG 24, 2018 Bottle going cheap at Tesco. No mention of Wild Beer on my bottle. Just a very straightforward golden-coloured sour ale with a zesty albeit mild citrus nose, surprisingly full on the palate. Light carbonation disappears quickly. Easily drinkable. Don’t expect a myriad of flavours, but a distinct sourness comes through, not unlike that of the Thornbridge/Brooklyn Serpent collab, which this is like a budget version of. Excellent for the £1.23 I paid for it!

dorain (1172) - Berlin, GERMANY - AUG 18, 2018
UPDATED: AUG 20, 2018 Aus der Flasche (bbe 07.06.2019) 2018-08 getrunken. Dieses messingfarbene Sour Ale hat eine perfekte Balance zwischen auf Punkt dosierte Säure, wilde Hefen und Weiße Trauben-/Apfelaromen. Ein wunderbares wie auch überraschend fast schon simples Ale! Klasse!