overall
RATINGS: 739   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.85/5   EST. CALORIES: 390   ABV: 13%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: Water, Barley Malt, Wheat, Rice, Sugar, Hops.
Alcohol content lowered in 2002 from 15% to 13% when brewery changed name from Jeanne d’Arc to Grain d’Orge.
"The dark amber coloured Belzebub offers an intense alcohol flavour with a strong supporting maltiness."

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

bierwolf78 (467) - De Weere, NETHERLANDS - JUN 27, 2018
uiterlijk: Donkergeel/ Oranje bier met een beetje wit schuim. Geur: Alcoholisch, kandij, fruitig. Smaak: Bosvruchtensiroop, Alcohol en peperachtig. Mond: Sterk, plakkerig en zoet met een klein ijzersmaakje. Ik kan mij herinneren dat dit bier een alcoholpercentage had van 15%, maar de 13% van nu voldoet ook om lekker suf te worden. Drinkt wel makkelijk weg.

Jabah (2060) - Bethesda, Maryland, USA - APR 26, 2018
These stronger ales have a wine-like feel to me, and I am not that into wine...but this had a decent flavor resembling a good Belgian blonde ale. It's hard to mask 13%, although I found this quite drinkable (if you sip it of course). Good thing is it's only 8.4 oz. so not killing yourself trying to finish 12-22 oz. Aroma is strong and fruity, sweet and sour at the same time. Appearance is a clearer malty medium yellow, with some white sediment specs in there which I am guessing is yeast. I actually enjoyed the flavor on this one, and would consider sampling again if ever in France.

Suco (671) - Castellon, SPAIN - FEB 28, 2018
Color ambar, aroma maltoso y de gusto increíblemente alcohólico, me recuerda al whisky, poco equilibrada, ligeramente dulce pero el alcohol se come todos los matices, obligado acompañar con comidas copiosas. Buena jugada de marketing.

Bitterbill (2486) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - OCT 17, 2017
From Sep 2006 Poured from 8oz bottle(28.03.07) a medium gold witha large head of foam that shrank to a solid layer that stuck around for the entire session. The smell has some sweet malt/caramel notes and a pretty strong nose of alcohol. The taste is of very sweet malt and there's a very strong alcohol presence. I'm trying to taste more and there *is* some fruitiness to it but it fades pretty quickly due to the high abv. Dang, I drank this near room temp...maybe that was a mistake?! Bottom line: I'm glad I tried it but if it was in the stores here, I would not bother buying it again.

DutchDrebus (7001) - Oirschot, NETHERLANDS - OCT 9, 2017
Bottle @ home. Murky brown with no head. Smells sweet, chocolate. Tastes malts, very sweet, Haagse hopjes. Zwerverbier. Full body, soft carbo.

loscovar (1392) - Principality of SEALAND, - SEP 15, 2017
Bottle from beer shop. malty, boozy, a belgian like yeast, not bad oveall...

bumper (1) - Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - SEP 8, 2017 does not count
What can mere text convey when this glorious potion communicates such divine messages to the drinker's senses? I must mention that my most recent sampling was from a late 20th Century vintage - or wintage as we like to pronounce it - but which has been expertly tended in hallowed Hertfordshire cellars since the day it arrived on these shores; I aim to give a fair review nonetheless. On opening: a cornucopia of delight - what to choose?! For the knowledgable, of course, it is the anticipation of the wonder to come, but what a moment for the novice! The instant aroma transports one back to the Hanging Gardens of Babylon: olives, bergamot and khasi papeda flood the nose. Belzebuth is a drink requiring a good deal of air to bring it to its full potential: so many make the error of drinking it too soon and, consequently, miss all its complex joys. Each bottle can be distinctive, and I find that a solid afternoon session allows one's palette to dewelop to the point where one reaches a consistency of taste, at which point Belzebuth's secrets are laid bare before you like a compliant sexy horse. Malt is clearly present, as is alcohol, but the dominant initial taste is of monk and monkfish. Clearly unexpected, but fortunately this quickly subsides to a second tier as intriguing as a tight game of chess between Grandmasters - the battle between the white Queen of malt and the black King of hops is intense. To my taste, the hops win, but it must be noted that whilst their effect cannot be described as long, it is most certainly wide. The malt lasts whilst those hops cannot, but leave a third phase of just very nice beer. One facet rarely considered with a beer is the lasting effect upon the drinker. It would, however, be remiss of me not to discuss quite what an impact Belzebuth has had beyond its mere drinking. As most of you probably are now, I was sceptical of Belzebuth, believing it to be no more than some apparently-Trappist-related fortified mead created solely for the wild drunks visiting the Calais hypermarchés from the UK. May I tell you that as soon as I had had my first full bottle, my goalkeeping skills were enhanced to those of an League 1 standard goalkeeper, and they subsided in absolute accordance with the internationally scientifically agreed rate of malt processing within the human body. I have since repeated the goalkeeping effort and it is undeniable that Belzebuth is a legal enhancer of reaction times and improves fast-twitch muscle fibres by a factor of approximately 15 times. In addition, I found that women became irresistible to me. Belzebuth allowed me to uncover hidden aspects to ladies that I had previously considered insurmountable, in all senses, whether due to my perceived inadequacy, or their considerable munterness. DRINK BELZEBUTH AND SEE WHERE IT WILL LEAD YOUR GLORIOUS LIFE.

TEJA (4036) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - MAY 16, 2017
Aged Bottle best before 2001 sampled 2017 when it was 15 %. Tiny carbonation and no head. Metallic and chrystal malty aroma. Sweet and caramell taste with still a fine bitterness. A bit one dimensional.

jmgreenuk (12940) - Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA - JAN 21, 2017
Bottle courtesy of Deanso. Poured a clear medium amber with a thin whispy white head. The aroma is toffee caramel malt, light alcohol. The flavour is moderate to strong sweet with a rich, oily, alcoholic liqourice bitter palate. Medium to full bodied with flat carbonation. Where can I get a case of this? Only joking :-)

AnthonSpencer (21) - Greater London, ENGLAND - NOV 13, 2016
Bottle. Orange color with quite high carbonation. Looks very good. Flavor is very sweet with a lot of honey and caramel. Not too bad.