Clean, crisp and hoppy. Controlling fermentation and aging temperature is crucial!
* Make a BIG yeast starter!|
* Mash @ 142F with 12qts, rest 5min
* Decoct 6qt thick mash for 15 minutes, return.
* Rest for 15 minutes
* Decoct 6qts thick mash for 15 minutes, return.
* Sparge with 165F water, collect 6.5gal wort.
* Once boiling, add 0.6oz hops, do so each 30 minutes, for a 90 minute boil.
* Chill and pitch at 70F, ferment @ 62-65F
* Secondary for two weeks @ 50-55F
* Keg or bottle and then lager for 2-3 weeks at near freezing temperatures.