1. combine butter, beer, garlic, salt and pepper in med saucepan. |
2. bring to a rapid boil over high heat.
3. add flour all at once, stirring with a wooden spoon until dough leaves the sides of the pan.
4. remove from heat and add cheeses, stirring constantly until thoroughly blended.
5. beat in eggs, one at a time.
6. while batter is still warm, scoop balls, about 1 tbsp for each fritter. roll dough into uniform round balls. Place on lightly floured baking sheet and chill 6-8 hrs, or overnight. Do no cover while chilling.
7. heat oil in a heavy bottomed pot to 360 F.
8. cook in hot oil until golden brown and crisp. remove with slotted spoon, drain and serve.