For 10 gallons:
8oz crystal 60L
3lbs flaked rye
3lbs malted rye
26lbs pale malt
1oz Centinial (10%AA) mash hop
2oz Centinial (10%AA) first wort hop
3oz Chinook (11%AA) for 90 minutes
1oz Centinial (10%AA) for 20 minutes
1oz Columbus (12%AA) for 20 minutes
2oz Columbus (12%AA) at knock out
LOTS of your favorite English Ale yeast
1. It helps reduce the gumminess of the rye if yow can do a step-mash and start at 105F for 10 minutes then bring up to regular mash temp.
2. Mash at 150F for 90 minutes.
3. Sparge slowly with lots of water to prevent sticking
4. Boil for at least 90 minutes.
5. After picthing the yeast watch your fermentation temp and do not let it get above 70F. Agitate the yeast often during the first 7 days to help attenuation.
6. This one is drinkable suprisingly quick for the gravity and amount of hops but will also age very nicely.
7. Specs: OG 1.092, FG 1.020, IBU’s 110 (yeah right), SRM 16