1. heat some oil in a large frying pan to high|
2. turn heat down to medium, brown off sausages until fully cooked, allow to cool, slice, and set aside.
3. heat a little oil in a pot to medium high
4. add the pork belly and cook until the fat is rendered and the pieces are crisp.
5. add onions, garlic, peppers, mushrooms, chillies, bay leaves, cumin and chili powder to the pot. stir until evenly mixed
6. cook the veg until they just start to soften
7. add stout and tomatoes to the pot
8. bring to a boil, then turn to a simmer for 30 minutes or until the desired consistency is reached
9. add the beans and sausages to the pot
10. return to a boil, adjust seasoning as needed and serve.