overall
RATINGS: 899   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55/5   IBU: 65   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Back in Black is our newest year-round beer available now in six pack cans and on draft. Brewed like an American IPA but with the addition of rich, dark malts, this beer has all the flavor and hop character you expect with a smooth, mellow finish.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

MrMeadMan (83) - Amesbury, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 6, 2018
pours with a nice big light brown head with great retention. Aroma is full hops. Taste has less hops than expected but the roasted maltiness comes through nicely. A good sipping beer.

sinfull (1905) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - FEB 21, 2018
UPDATED: FEB 21, 2018 Almost black. With big , beige head. Hops and roasted malt in aroma. Basically mix of stout and IPA . A Good one though.

thatguy99 (9) - USA - FEB 3, 2018 does not count
UPDATED: FEB 3, 2018 Doesn’t taste much like IPA anything to me. Maybe it’s a hoppy stout? I mainly taste stout. Enjoyable when I get it as part of a 21st amendment mixed pack, but I wouldn’t buy a six pack of it otherwise. Guinness with an extra kick.

ipaandstouts (1) - WEST ISLIP, Alabama, USA - JAN 18, 2018 does not count
taste is a hoppy light stout...unusual style but hops and stouts are what many crave,and hence we beer men make

jhsnitz1 (149) - Central, South Carolina, USA - JAN 13, 2018
Nice aroma of a hoppy IPA but the hop flavor is subdued and balanced by the dark malts. Like a combination of IPA and brown ale or stout.

TomTron (470) - South Carolina, USA - JAN 11, 2018
All the love gone bad turned my world to black. Tattooed all I see, all that I am, all I'll be... yeah.

ironcontra (507) - ATL, Georgia, USA - DEC 13, 2017
low body, somewhat watery, heavy on the chocolate without complementary hoppy bitterness - an unwanted dimensionality reduction. not my favorite style so you dont have to take my word 4 it

NJBarstool (50) - Rockaway, New Jersey, USA - NOV 14, 2017
Tasted like a run of the mill IPA. Very drinkable but very bland. Definitely not in the tradition of one of the more usually aggressive styles of beer. Dissappointing

jeffman52 (19) - Georgia, USA - NOV 1, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 1, 2017 A bit weak for a dark IPA. Hops are light. The other flavors I would expect from a dark beer are lacking. I would not buy again.

oobawa (2019) - Tennessee, USA - OCT 30, 2017
Rather specatcular Black IPA, a heady mix of deeply roasted malts and citric, resinous hops, an IPA not afraid of indulging in its hoppiness before finishing like a dry-ass stout. Starts with a swath of orange marmalade and stone fruit, then quickly gains an espresso middle laced with chocolate and slight hints of anise, and finally turns dry and bitter, the piney hops leaving a clingy, IBU-filled fade dusted with java and unsweetened chocolate. Pours a beautiful dark brown with a massive beige head and endless lace. Aroma's more IPA than black, citric hops offering up citrus and pine. Good texture has just a touch of spikiness, but otherwise smooth and sippable. Great beer.