RATINGS: 448   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.17/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 45   EST. CALORIES: 237   ABV: 7.9%
Like FDR’s Depression-Era Radio Addresses, which were like a kick in the butt and a hug at the same time, our Fireside Chat is a subtle twist on the traditional seasonal brew. We begin with a rich, dark, English-style ale and then we improvise with spices until we know we have a beer worth sharing with the nation. Celebrating the right to be original.

hayduke (5204) - Eureka, California, USA - NOV 9, 2011
From a can at StrangeBrew in Eureka, CA/ Pours dark brown with a tan head. Nose of dark malt and spice. Medium body with a cloying mouthfeel.. Flavor is roasted chocolate malt and odd spices with cinnamon for sure. Odd bitter finish. For sure a strange brew,

sailracer (486) - Massachusetts, USA - NOV 4, 2011
Tap. Pours a dark brown to black. Has a strong roasted flavor with overtones of spice. Very drinkable and decent all around.

golubj (1377) - San Mateo, California, USA - OCT 25, 2011
Can. Dark brown pour with a caramel colored head. Aroma is cola, pumpkin spices, nutty malt like a brown ale. Flavor is the same, pretty sweet at first, with some roasted / toasted caramel malt, but the cola and spices create a slightly bitter finish. I enjoyed it.

TomTiedemann (250) - Levittown, New York, USA - OCT 23, 2011
poured from can, dark brown, almost black after it settled. aroma of spices and roasted malts. hint of nuts in the malt. spices were here and there felt like some sips they were there and others it was a bland malty taste. odd brew

caralkaline87 (435) - Washington DC, USA - OCT 22, 2011
Pours dark brown with a fairly big, somewhat foamy light brown head. Nose is brown sugar, herbs, light hops, and a touch of booze. Flavor is very pumpkin/spice heavy front to back, with a weak malt and hops for ABV. Not a fan.

mrmartin (780) - New York, New York, USA - OCT 21, 2011
Dark brown pour with big tan head hmmm nose is sort of metallic with toasty malts buried underneath Light-Medium body, herbal bitter notes, hint of chocolate and roasted malts. hint of cinnemon/nutmeg? sour grassy hops? Lingering Bitter finish with slight notes of alcohol this just doesn’t work the way they’d hoped for. I will begrudgingly drink the rest of the 6 pack i bought.

Beerona97 (2399) - Washington, USA - OCT 19, 2011
Pours dark brown with a large dense tan head. Aroma is reminiscent of mincemeat pie and eggnog. Taste is much the same but with more bitterness than I was expecting, it gets a little on the metallic side of things. There is a good amount of toffee sweetness, but overall I think this beer lacks some body to be as spiced as it is. I also get a medicinal alcohol finish.

Duhast500 (414) - Cumberland, Rhode Island, USA - OCT 18, 2011
Poured from a 12oz. can into a pint glass. The color is a dark maroon to black with about two fingers of foamy off-white head and some pillowy lacing. The smell is a bit vegetable flavor, some string-bean and a little sour krout flavor. Some scotch tape aroma and a touch of some sticky butter flavor. The taste is pungent punch of hops, malt and a watery mix of smelt together character. Some fight is left in the flavor but comes back when left alone. The feel of this beer is like an old cigar. Well past it’s prime it is not worth wasting the match.

monk191 (1976) - Portland, Oregon, USA - OCT 16, 2011
Interesting beer. Almost too many flavors, seem to be conflicting each other. Nice color, but not much head. Good winter beer.

drinkrealbeer (47) - Virginia, USA - OCT 10, 2011
Serving glass: Poured from bottle into snifter Appearance: bright brownish with a decent head Smell: sweet, faint hints of hops and spice Taste: somewhat sweet with excepted caramel and spiciness. a couple of things I can quite put my finger on. It almost taste infected with metallic and very faint vinegar notes. Just awful. I cant remember the last time I had a drain pour. Feel: low to mid carbonation with a thin mouth feel. Drinkability: Terrible. I’m convinced I had an infected batch. I really hope so as most of the previous stuff from 21st Amendment as been good.